chapter 13

When I woke up we were already halfway through the 7th day, yes I was out for 2 days. It doesn't seem like a lot but in the hunger games it is. I had awful illusions but me being a career ment it didn't bother me. At least that's what the rest had to think. I heard Glimmer and 4 had died when Katniss dropt a tracker jacker nest on our heads. Now i'm really going to kill her! Not because she killed Glimmer, no I was tankful for that. Not even because she killed 4, I mean she had to go eventually. But because she escaped again and there's one thing I hate more than anything. Losing!

Then I remember, Cato took me instead of barbie. Barbie was lying right next to me and we where both on the verge of death, I don't remember hearing a canon so she was alive. He chose me! Well he better have, I mean we're district partners. It  still meant something to me though, he had saved me above barbie. The stupid and annoying yeah but also beautiful and sexy barbie.

The next morning I woke up to a Cato holding a boy, the district 3 tribute. I looked up at Cato questionably asking why he hadn't killed the boy yet, but not out loud. 'He has a plan for us' Cato said answering my unspoken question. As Cato explained the idea to me I got exited but I also had some doubt, I mean piling up all our stuff with mines around them. Sounds risky right? Well Cato and Marvel agreed to the plan so I was on my own when I sneaked out some stuff when they weren't looking. I just had a bad feeling about the mines. 3 would be done by lunch and lunch was early for us considering we had to hunt down tributes.

We walked around and after 30 minutes we saw a camp. Already? Wel, beats all the searching. We walked in and the camp was left shortly after. I jumped into a bush and Cato and Marvel followed shortly after. It didn't take long before a boy came walking past us. I jumped out and tackled him to the ground. District 10! He wasn't having his best morning was he? With that I killed him fast, not wanting or bothering to give the capital a show.

The rest of the morning was uneventful. Cato, Marvel and I where just walking around trying to spot tributes or fires or any signs of life. It wasn't until noon that we found anything. A tribute had put on a fire and not a small one. Cato and Marvel ran toward it excitedly with me trailing behind, why would a tribute make such a huge fire? And at noon? The sky was still clear. 

When we arrived the fire was still burning but there weren't any tributes in sight. Then another fire went on, this is when also Cato and Marvel noticed it was a trap. We stopped to make a plan and after a while Cato and I headed back while Marvel would go after the tribute causing this commotion. We did take our time though, I mean why would we ignore our first real alone time in the arena. Then we heard a large explosion. 

Cato took off running and I took off shortly after. This better not be our supplies, it better not be our supplies! These where the only words going through my head, wel apart from some curse words and maybe one 'ha I was right!' And surely as we arrived the thing we found was anything but our still intact supplies.

Someone had blown up all our supplies, who am I kidding? We all know it was Katniss right? Cato was getting angry and then I noticed him. Oh no! 3 was standing a few yards away from us looking dumbfounded. This isn't gonna go well. Cato ran up to him angry and with one swift movement he ended the boy's life. Yes, Cato turned the boys head and his neck snapped. He killed 3 with his bare hands!

The canon sounded and Cato came back to reality. Realizing what he had done he fell to ground, leaving me standing behind him doubting if I should give him a hug. Who are you kidding? This is Cato! Your district partner, training partner and above all friend.  I walked up to him and pulled him into a hug. Comforting him like he had done to me many many times before. He wasn't crying, he couldn't because all of Panem was watching and above that Cato Hadley doesn't cry. 

Then we heard another canon, who could that be? Probably the small 12 year old. The canon was soon followed by another. Guess some tributes found each other. Wel, Marvel probably found 2 tributes. Wait! What if Marvel ran into Thresh?  No, not Marvel. I looked at Cato and he looked back confused at the fear in my eyes. Then realization filled his. What if it was Marvel?