Chapter 4

"Cato I..."

CATO'S POV:

As Clove ran away I knew I had made a mistake. Stupid Cato! I groaned hopelessly and punched a tree before realizing that was not a smart thing to do. My fist started bleeding and I let out another frustrated growl. Why did I have to get her a necklace? I know that on her part of the district it's seen as a gift is a sign of love. I know somewhere inside me knew that when I got it. She'll hate me for the rest of our lives!!

The next day at school was fine until lunch break. I hadn't seen Clove the whole day and was still thinking of what to say when I did. I knew I would talk to her at training and I was prepared to wait. Then I saw her... Clove was with Dean (my forever enemy). I watched as he whispered something in her ear and she started laughing. How could she do that to me, it broke my heart. That's when she saw me, her eyes widened as I made my way over to them. As I was halfway she stood up whispered an excuse and ran away. I (of course) ended up running after her. "Clover please" I shouted. I followed till she ran into a closet. "Clover please let me explain" I whispered. Then I heard something I thought I'd never heard.

Ok, Guys I know this is probably stupid but I had to write something. Next will be better, sorry.