Chapter 3

It's my 14th birthday tomorrow and I can't wait! Cato and I have been friends for over a year now and I would even say he is my best friend. We are top of our class now! That's pretty cool because our class is all ages from 12-18 and we are the best academy in the whole district. Cato is 2 years older than me making him 16 now. He's even taken drivers lessons now!

'My life is perfect, there is only one problem next year Cato will be 17 and I will be 15. At the academy that means that you can be selected to volunteer. I and Cato are the best of the class so when we are old enough we will have to volunteer. When I started training 6 years ago I had no future, but now I like life.'

Those are the words my mind read to me in my dream. The dream I had the night before my 14th birthday. After the dream, I was awoken by the doorbell, Cato of course. I hurried to get ready and as soon as I was I ran downstairs, Cato was holding a present, looking as handsome as ever. 'I did not just think that!' My mind shouted at me. But it was true Cato was hot.

My 14th birthday ended up being one of the best days of my life. I and Cato called the academy to tell them that we 'were sick' and hung out the whole day. We started at a cafe getting breakfast and coffee. Then we went to the movies and Cato prepared an awesome picnic. It was beautiful, he put down the blanket under a tree. Next to us was a huge river (and of course the picnic ended in a food battle). Then he took me out for dinner at my favorite restaurant. In the end, he took me to a hill where we could watch the beautiful sunset. It was awesome. During the sunset, he gave me my present. It was a knife (of course) with our names on it. I hugged him and thanked him, but there was more ........

Finally chapter 3. It's winter break now and I have a lot of time to write more. Hopefully, I will write more and won't just stay in my bed for most of the day.
Anyways hope you continue reading,
Bye!