Birthday Party

Hello once again everyone.
Did you enjoyed the previous chapter??

Don't forget to vote 😉

Enjoy reading this chapter...
Have a good day ❤️❤️

*********************************

Mayra' (Crystal) pov.

After my encounter with Mr King, I did not waste any moment exiting the office, as soon as I was out, I let out a heavy breath, I didn't even realize I was holding. I booked a cab and rushed back to my apartment.

Was he really stating the truth, or was it just another lie?

At some point I wish he was telling the truth. I don't think he was lying, but how can I ignore what I heard the other day? There was something in his eyes that possessed me to believe him.

I don't know what happened to me everytime he looked at me. They say the time stops when the right eyes meet, I don't trust them. I don't believe in office romance, those are all fantasies. And I don't fancy such fantasies.

Anyway I was tired of so much about my so-called BOSS, and now I need to stop.

Reaching home, I met Rose and had dinner with her. We talked random stuff about her day and especially avoiding mine as she wants to save the best for last.

After finishing our dinner, guess what the moment is here. She dropped the question I was patiently waiting for.

"So, fill me up. How was you day?" I rolled my eyes at her excitement. But to be honest there is nothing much to tell her. And about the evening event i'm still confused, if i should tell her or not.

"Well for stater It was totally opposite of what we expected." She stares at me surprisingly.

"What do you mean? Didn't he compliment you? Maybe, 'you look hot or sexy or something like that'?"

"Well, no... he did not, instead he yelled at me every time he got a chance. He even made me make his coffee, twice." she gulped down a strong sip of beer.

"That's strange, he wasn't supposed to do that! Did he do anything else, something weird or something strange?" Why is she so smart in these matters?

Well there is no point in hiding, So I let it out.

"If I recall, Actually he did, came to my office in the evening and we argued about something." I replied, scratching the back of my neck in nervousness.

"You guys talked? About what?"

I gave her every detail of our 'talk'.

"Oh God, he confessed to you? He's such a sweetie, and you were blaming him for something so wrong. I knew he was not a bad person, there has to be a reason. See now that you know the reason." I gave her a smile.

I knew from the start, she has a soft corner for Mr King's handsome face.

"Now that he showed he actually feels for you. Even though it was not verbal, what about you?" That is the reason I was avoiding telling her coz I knew She is good at making assumptions and love lines.

"What, no, he did not say anything like that, stop assuming things on your own, Rose."

"That is because maybe he was afraid of your reaction? But his actions speaks more than himself. Maybe he didn't want to make things awkward?" Did she hit her head or something?

"Rose, you're not making any sense, so please shut up." She laughed out loudly. "Jesus, girl look at your face...Chill I was just joking. Unless you actually have feelings for him?"