The Invitation

Hey everyone enjoy reading this chapter and do not forget to vote.

***********************************

Mayra' (Crystal) pov.

"What is his problem? Why can't he be nice?" I mumbled while making his coffee for the second time.
"Hey, You okay?" I jerked for what I was doing and turned to see Mike. He works in the legal department and is a really nice guy.

"Yeah, I am fine." He looks at me in a doubt.

"Are you sure, because I saw you talking to yourself a minute ago." He was making fun of me. I roll my eyes.

"Umm.. it was just. I love talking to myself..." God, I feel so embarrassed. I make myself busy so he could just leave me alone.

"Okay, if you say so. Oh.. Btw, you look great.. Something special?" He asked me with a compliment.

"Thanks and Nope." I replied politely.

He gave me a small nod and left the room.

_________________

I made a big mistake when I accepted Rose's offer to wear this dress because hell I can't do a thing without getting distracted by this dress. Anyway, I was working in my office when my intercom rang.

"My office," Mr King said. I rolled my eyes 'Rude as always.' I mumble.

Time skip and we were in a conference hall. Today is an important day for Mr. King. He has a board meeting and all the board members are going to be there.

Mr King looked a little disturbed.. I can tell something is bothering him but don't know what... Maybe something about the board members? But anyway it's a strange site to him like this.

Most of the members were already there, but there were still some left to reach.

Mr King was busy talking to one of the board members, when the door opened and everything went silent.

I looked at the person who caused this sudden silence. Everyone's attention was on that man. 'he must be someone important' I thought.

"Dad! " said Mr King.

Wait.. Dad? So he is the famous Mr Joseph King.. OMG!

"Asher," they hugged and then Mr Joseph King turned to everyone and greets them "Good morning, everyone" he smiles before sitting on the head chair.

"Asher, are you not going to introduce me to this beautiful lady?" He asked Asher, mentioning me.

Mr King (Joseph King) is in his 50s but trust me he looks no older than 40. He has maintained himself very nicely.

"Dad.. she's Ms Crystal White, my assistant."

"Ohh, so you are the famous Crystal White? I have heard a lot about you from my son. And he was correct, you are indeed a beauty."

I looked at junior Mr King. Did he really mention me to his dad? He was looking at me, mirroring my expressions.

"How do you know her and when did I tell you about Ms white, Dad?"

"I wish it was you, but it was Daniel," Ohh.

Mr King junior clenched his fist firmly. But why is he angry? Is it because Danial talked about me?

I didn't want to say that but it kind of hurt.

"So, Ms White, how was it to work with my son? I hope he's treating you well." Like hell, I wanted to reply..