16

Clay POV

We skated for a few minutes and I looked over at his mum. She was watching and she stood up.

'Hey boys?'

We skated over to her.

'Do you want me to make some pictures? George always likes to look back on things he likes.'

George smiled and nodded. 'Please.'

George grabbed my hand and pulled me with him whilst skating away. We ended up going around the rink a few times hand in hand. There weren't a lot of people, I was happy about that and so was George. He didn't want any form of contact.

'Clayyyyy,' George whispered suddenly.

'Georgieeeee.'

'Do you want to jump?'

'I will probably die if I do, but sure.'

George looked sad and I saw tears in his eyes. I felt guilty, George didn't know when I was joking or not, that was part of his autism.

'I was kidding, I won't die Georgie. I want to try, can you teach me? Don't cry, I'm sorry.'

He smiled again and nodded. He stood still and jumped up. 'Try that first.'

I stood still just like he did and jumped up. I seemed to succeed, but slipped when I landed. I fell down on the ice and George startled, but when I saw I was fine, he started giggling. It was an adorable giggle which made my stomach fill with butterflies. My cheeks heated up only by hearing his giggle.

'Hey, don't laugh!' I yelled.

He started giggling even harder and grabbed my hand to lift me up, but I pulled him down accidentally. He fell down next to me and laid down on his belly on the ice. He was still giggling and turned around.

'Are you hurt?' I concernedly asked.

He shook his head. 'I am not.' He smiled and wanted to crawl up, but I held him back.

'George?'

'Yes.'

I sat up and so did he. I scooted closer to him and wrapped my arm around him. I looked him in his beautiful brown eyes and he looked at me for a second. He quickly looked away again and I saw him slightly blush. I grabbed his shoulders and sat down on my knees in front of him. I couldn't resist myself anymore and I started leaning in. My one hand cupped his face. Before I closed my eyes I saw him very confusingly looking at me. He didn't do anything and I pressed my lips softly on his. Just for a second and I broke apart directly. I had directly regretted what I did, he had autism, he hated this probably.

I looked at George and smiled. He got completely red and hid his face in his hands. I could see him smile, but at the same time he looked a little confused and scared.

'Did I have to do anything?'

I shook my head. 'I'm so sorry for kissing you. I- it just sort of happened I guess.'

'What did I have to do?'

'Nothing. Did you like it?'

He nodded slowly. 'But you startled me a little,' he said a little sad.

'I'm so sorry, Georgie. I was too afraid to warn you. I was too afraid to tell you what I was feeling. I was afraid of rejection.'

'It's okay.'

'So uh- I don't know what to say now. I guess we kissed. I mean it was just a short kiss, but uh- well.'

We both climbed up and I looked at him. 'George, I like you.'

George got red, hid his face and started skating away.

'Hey come back!' I grinned and skated behind him. He stopped skating by a wall and I grabbed his shoulders.

'Clay?'

'Yeah.'

'I want to kiss you, but I don't dare to and I don't know how.'

'Aww, you're so cute. Do you want me to start?'

He nodded. 'What do I do?'

'Try and kiss back. Wrap your arms around my neck, okay?'

He nodded and did what I told him to.

'I'm going to kiss you now.'

I leaned in, he looked a little scared. Before I kissed him I whispered softly in his ear. 'Close your eyes, Georgie.'

He immediately closed them and I leaned in more. I pressed my lips against his soft lips and cupped his face, his cheeks were burning. I grabbed his waist and pulled him closer. We kissed for fifteen seconds and we broke apart. He didn't kiss back very much, but I knew how difficult it was for him so I didn't mind at all. The only thing that I cared about is that we kissed.

768 words