14

George POV

The next morning I woke up later than usual. Clay was still sleeping and I started slowly waking him up. He had to work in the bakery and I didn't want him to be too late. I started shaking his body softly, but he didn't wake up yet.

'Clayyyy,' I whispered in his ear. I shook his body a little harder. He started waking up and looked at me.

'Good morning, Georgie.'

'It's late, Clayyyy. You have to work.'

He startled and sat up. 'Really?'

He looked around and grabbed his phone to see the time.

'Yes, I slept a little longer than normal too. I'm sorry.'

'It's fine. I have to go home first, I don't have clothes. Let me change in my football clothes. I can't leave in a pyjama.'

I giggled and I saw him slightly blush. I hugged Clay before he left and after Clay quickly left, I dressed up too and showered. I directly went downstairs with my sheep and saw my mum sitting. She had cried.

I ran towards her and sat down. 'What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?'

'Sweetie, I feel a little bad about yesterday, I should have never let dad scream at you. I made you very sad.'

'It's okay, mum,' I smiled. 'Clay calmed me down.'

'You really like him, don't you?'

'I don't know, I think I do. I never liked anyone.' I hugged my sheep and stood up.

'Are you going to the bakery?'

I nodded. 'Clay went there too.'

'Leave your sheep at home, I don't want you losing it. That would make you very sad.'

I made my sheep sit on the couch and walked outside. I basically ran towards the bakery. Clay was already there and I fell in his arms.

'Hi, Georgie.'

'Hey, I'm happy to see you again.'

'So am I.'

'Clay?'

'Yes, Georgie.'

'Do you want to sleep with me more often?'

Clay turned a little red when he just saw his boss walking in.

'We uh- just slept in the same bed, we didn't do anything like that, uh-.'

His boss laughed loudly. 'It's fine, Clay. I have nothing to do with that.'

I sat down on my chair and Clay gave me a chocolate croissant. I paid for it and ate it quickly. Clay sat next to me when there were no customers and he looked up some videos of ice skating. He carefully placed his hand on my leg and blushed. I blushed too and looked at him. I hesitated a moment but then grabbed his hand. I felt butterflies in my stomach. Clay slowly rubbed my leg and it didn't take before hands locked with each other's. We held hands for a while and Clay started speaking.

'You're adorable.'

'Clay?'

'Yes?'

'I think I might find you-.'

'Hello, can I order something?' a lady happily asked.

Clay directly let go of me and walked behind the counter.

'What may I get for you?'

'Can I get three normal croissants and a banquette?'

Clay nodded and wrote it down. 'Anything else?'

'No.'

'Three fifty.'

The lady paid and Clay grabbed her food and gave it to her.

'Thank you!'

'Have a nice day, miss.'

'You too!'

She walked away and Clay directly came back to me. 'What were you saying, Georgie?'

'Nothing.'

'Aww, okay.'

He rubbed my leg again and I blushed. I started hiding my face in his shirt and he hugged me. He wrapped his arms around my middle. 'Are you hiding again?'

I giggled softly and nodded.

'But I want to see your beautiful face.'

I blushed even more, but looked up for a slight moment.

'Aww, you're blushing.'

I smiled and hid my face again. 'You are too.'

Clays boss walked past us and grinned. 'Are you a couple?'

'Uh no, we just like cuddling,' Clay said shyly.

'Yeah right, I won't stop you. But only if you keep helping the people.'

'Yeah, sure.'

He let go of me and stood behind the counter. He looked up a video for me and played it. 'Here look at this.'

Before I knew I was completely lost in the video whilst holding Clays hand on the counter.

703 words