Chapter 7: Shouchan

Third Person POV

"FOOD!" Kaminari whoops as he raced into the cafeteria. Izuku was close behind, a smile lighting up his face. The rest of Class 1-A follows, some following Kaminari's energetic entrance, and the rest walked in like normal people.

As Class 1-A sat down together at their usual table, a certain blond boy walks up to their table.

"Oh my gosh! Has 1-A sank down so low that they need to invite seven-year-olds to be in their class?" He says with an almost hysterical look on his face.

"Shut up Monoma." Mina says, her voice not really matching her words. She was fondly watching Izuku taste different foods from a small plate. "Leave us alone will ya? Also, Izuku's part of the staff, not a student."

Before Monoma could say another word, he sank to the ground. An orange haired girl was standing behind him, her hand out in front of her.

"Sorry about that again. There seems to be a new person in your group." She said. Izuku stopped eating, looked over at her and blinked. "I'm Itsuka Kendo. This idiot right here is Neito Monoma."

"H-hello, Itsu-san. I-I'm Izuku." Izuku stuttered out. It felt like a good portion of the cafeteria was now staring at them. A few conversations were started up about Izuku, but they didn't pay too much attention like Kaminari said.

Kendo smiled at Izuku and dragged the unconscious Monoma back to Class 1-B's table.

"Here, Izu, try these." Kaminari slid another small plate to Izuku. "These are really good."

"That's what you said last time too Kami-kun!" Izuku said, picking up a small portion of chicken with his fingers. Placed it into his mouth and chewed slowly. "I like this the best." Izuku declared, bring a small smile onto everyone's face, even Bakugou, Todoroki, and Tokoyami.

The rest of lunch was...interesting. Bakugou accidentally left one of his peppers out on the table. Izuku, being the curious child that he was, ate it and was crying softly for the rest of lunch. Mina, Kaminari, and Sero almost murdered Bakugou. Momo and Jiro were giving Izuku different flavors and types of milk, while the rest of the class was watching with amusement.

Izuku's POV

The burning in Izuku's mouth finally died down. He managed to stop Mina, Kaminari, and Sero from tying Bakugou up, dipping him in acid, and shocking him with a million volts. "I-It was an accident. I-I didn't know it would burn so bad. I thought i-it was a super tiny, red banana."

"Alright, we believe you." Mina said, her voice dripping with bloodlust.

"I-I'm serious Mina-chan! I-I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me." Izuku mumbled. He looked around the table, making sure no one was hurt.

Izuku noticed Todoroki, who had a small smile on his face, but it looked sad. Izuku hopped off his chair and walked over to Todoroki, then gave him a hug.

"What was that for Izuku?" Todoroki said, surprise in his tone.

"Y-you looked sad, and I-I don't like seeing people sad. It makes me sad." Izuku mumbled. After a small pause, Todoroki smiled a genuine happy smile and gently hugged Izuku back.

"So cute!" Mina squealed and snapped a quick picture. "Izuku, you're going to kill us one day with your cuteness."

"K-kill?" Izuku looked up fearfully. "I-I'm killing you?"

Uraraka giggled. "Not seriously kill, Izuku. It's a figure of speech."

"O-oh, ok. Good." Izuku relaxed and hung on to Todoroki.

"Come on guys, it's almost the end of lunch. We should head back if we don't want to get in trouble." Kirishima said urgently as the cafeteria started emptying.

Todoroki was still holding onto Izuku, who had buried his head into Todoroki's chest. The class sprinted to their classroom, making it just on time.

Third Person POV

"Sorry Mr. Ectoplasm." Iida said to their math teacher. "There was...a thing...that happened in the cafeteria."

"Hello Mr. Ectoplasm!" Izuku greeted the math teacher.

"Hello again Izuku." Ectoplasm replied. "Good to see you fitting in."

Izuku quietly sat on Todoroki's lap as Ectoplasm taught [insert high school math stuff] to the class. Ectoplasm then passed out a worksheet. "Finish this by the end of the class. You can ask your peers for help."

"Excuse me sir, does Izuku count as a peer?" Iida raised his hand.

"I suppose he does." Ectoplasm answered and went back to grading the previous test.

"AaaaAaaaAAaaaaug!" Kaminari groans and buried his head in his arms. "I still don't get it."

"I can't help you then." Momo sighs and goes back to her seat.

"Somebody save us from this pit of despair." Mina dramatically pretends to faint.

Kaminari walks over to Todoroki and shakes the half asleep Izuku awake. "Todoroki, I'm stealing Izuku for a bit."

Todoroki shrugs.

Kaminari pulls a drowsy Izuku to his desk where Mina was also nearby, and struggling as well. "If you can't help us Izuku, I don't think we have hope left."

Izuku pulls the text book towards him. "Umm...you're learning [insert math topic said above]. Ok, uh...here. I guess I can break it down more for you."

Todoroki's POV

Todoroki can only describe Izuku with one word: bright. Izuku was like the moon that lit up the darkest night, or the sun that shines and gives life to the world.

It comforted Todoroki that Izuku was on his lap, sleeping. Izuku was small and warm. He filled up the hole that Endeavor, his dad, left.

Todoroki only met Izuku for a few hours, but he already felt like close family. So he was a little disappointed that Kaminari needed Izuku's help. Only a little bit.
————————————————————————
Word Count: 969