𝐯𝐢. widlings blade

CHAPTER SIX
| wildlings blade

Julina mounted her mare, brushing its neck as she looked around her. She desperately desired to take a prance around the Godswood. It had deep anough trees, and she was sure she couldn't get lost as she knew it was walls around the forest.

Gripping her reins tighter, she kicked the side of her shoes to stomp away. Her eyes raked over the large trees and bushes. It seemed like every step closer she took, the more darker it would become. The mare let out a sound, causing Julina to look down and patting her comfortably.

"It's alright, girl,"

The sounds of twigs and leaves crunching behind her made her abruptly turn the mare around to find herself staring at a large and rough looking kind of man. His teeth was missing and he wore this fur that seemed to make him look even bigger. If you would compare Julina with the man, she would have been called a child as she already was small.

"Look what we have here. A little princess perhaps?"

Julina felt her heart go faster. At that moment she felt stupid. She should've asked Robb at least.

The man went closer and before she or her horse could do anything, an arrow shot past the large man. Julina let out a gasp as she swiftly turned her head towards the person who had shot it.

It was Robb, and he looked furious. Julina didn't know whether it was because of her or the man.

"Step away from her, wildling." Robb growled, nodding to the Stark soldiers to round the man up. The wilding didn't let go however.

He pulled Julina off her horse, resulting in everyone letting out grunts and taking a step forward, their swords pointing at him.

The wilding pushed her chest against his muscles. He leaned into her ear. "Do you want to watch your lover boy die?"

When Julina didn't answer she felt a sharp pain on her stomach. She let out a gasp as she looked down. The wilding held a knife against her stomach. She stiffened. She didn't dare to more, afraid of getting stabbed. His breath was on her ear, holding her tight.

She could see Robb getting angry as his fist turned white. Julina felt tears pricing her eyes, but she refused to let them run freely on her face. She would not cry.

A sudden moment, and Julina was pushed forward and onto Robb's arms. She didn't care who watched, or who killed the wilding. All she wanted was someone to comfort her, and Robb did that position perfectly.

She buried her head in the crock of his head, tears staining his fur. She felt his arms wrap up around her, pulling her closer. Julina allowed herself to sleep from exhaustion.

━━━

When Julina woke up, she realized that it was the middle of the night as the darkness of the chamber made it around.

Her eyes drifted around, expecting to find her own desk and bed. But her eyes widened as she realized that this was in fact not her chambers.

"Alright, my Lady?"

She jumped and turned around, her hands hitting the covers in fright. She let out a sigh of relief as she noticed that it was Robb. But soon, her expression turned to a more embarrassed one. Her cheeks flushed at being inside King Robb's chambers.

"Y-yes. I mean yes. Everything is fine my king," she looked around and pulled the sheets to hide more of her bare shoulders. "Why am I here?"

Robb gave her a look, walking to his desk and filling up a cup with water. "You decided to go off by yourself leading to you almost being killed by a wildling,"

Julina sat still, her mind thinking back at the frightening moment. She shook her head as she pulled her feet to her chest. "I am sorry. I just wanted to be alone. I never intended for anyone to get hurt,"

Robb sighed and walked closer to her until he sat on the edge of his bed. He was staring at the wall, "If you managed to get hurt, your father would start another war. I cannot have that,"

Julina's heart pained. Was she truly only that much worth for him? A woman to be his wife in the exchange for the north's independence? She wanted to be worth more then that.

"Why am I not in my own chambers?" Julina asked, her head filled with questions.

"I wanted to keep an eye on you," Robb said simply as he turned his gaze to her. "to make sure you would not run off like that again without telling anybody,"

She rubbed her bruised hand that she knew she got from the wildling, "I am sorry, truly,"

Robb looked at her, a certain glint in his eyes. "I know,"

━━━

Days passed on quickly, and Julina found herself a lot alone then ever. She only had Katya to speak to, but even she had to tend to her duties. She had sent a few letter to King's Landing, asking her family if there were fine. She was sure Robb would have them checked before sending them and the thought did bring a silent wound in her heart.

She had not been able to meet with Robb at all either. There had been a string of meeting, but Julina was never allowed inside the counsil. She had thoughts about what they spoke about, her wedding to the king, how to build up Winterfell.

Julina was not apart of planning their wedding, that was left to Lady Catelyn as she had insisted she do it. All Julina was allowed to do was to choose the wedding gown herself which she was content about. She would rather pick the dress then do all the undelivered stuff. But then again, she had found her dress the first days she had been in Winterfell out of boredom.

She was walking with Grey Wind but a loud voice caught her attention.

"She is dangerous! Even if you'd like to think she is not!"

"I will not do it, I will not betray our king like that!"

Julina sent a look to Grey Wind, signaling him to be silent. She walked a few steps closer until she could see who the two loud voices belonged to. She knew who the large man was, Lord Karstark.

He had always hated her at the time she had been here, no doubt from the name she bore and the fact that her half brother was Jaime.

"You will do it or I-"

Julina froze and kept her eyes locked with the Lord and the unknown man beside him. Gods. She was going to die and she was sure if it. He had talked about her, didn't he?

"Why are you here?" He managed to growl out. He sent a look to the man beside him to leave and looked at her again. He moved closer until he grabbed her arm.

"Now listen here. You will not tell anyone about this, not the king's mother, not your king and not your father," he threatened, his voice low. "And do not dare think you-"

Grey Wind growled as he stepped forward, a strong paw over Julina's leg.

Lord Karstark scowled at the wolf and left the tight grip on her arm. She tried not to let out a flinch. She was sure it was going to bruise.

His eyes were cold as he stared deep into her eyes. "Be careful of your stay here, princess," he spit out, eyes glaring dagger on her head. "For you will never feel safe here in Winterfell,"

And with that, he was gone. Only leaving a frightened princess behind.

(warning) might be some spelling mistakes. This is badly written, anyone want to re-write it?

what is lord Karstark about to do?