𝐨. prologue

PROLOGUE
| letters and marriage

"Your Grace, I really think you should reconsider this offer, this is definitely a trap-"

Robb lifter his hand, silencing the lord who spoke. The tent was quiet but Robb didn't care. His thoughts were on the offer. Marry a Lannister to end this war? He would rather take the Frey if it meant that he would have not have to marry a Lannister, but alas, he had to accept for his family and the north.

Robb lifted his eyes and looked around him, watching as the Lords around him stood impatiently for an answer. Robb sighed and looked at the letter in his hand once more. He took out a piece of parchment and ink and began writing.

His eyes met the Lannister messenger, watching as he squirmed away. Robb let out a small grin at the sight. He stood and walked over, putting the newly written letter roughly in his hands. His eyes met his and Robb let out a growl, reminding the poor messenger of his dire wolf. "Make sure the Lannister's get the message, boy."

After the messenger left, the Lords looked at him, brows furred as they did. Robb closed his eyes tightly before opening them again. He turned his head and looked at his mother, watching the confusion on her face.

"I accepted and will marry Julina Lannister"

That caused an uproar inside the tent, all the Lords began shouting. "This is wrong your Grace! This is a trap, they will make that Lannister bitch with child and then kill all of the Starks, this will not-"

"Silence!"

Robb's voice cut through the tent like a sword. Now completely silent, he narrowed his eyes at the Lords in front of him, his hold on the desk tightening. "I have made my choice, and none of you will intrude. This is a way for the north to keep their independence and get peace." His voice was low, eyes peering at all the men present.

Lord Karstark stepped forward, his face fuming with anger. Robb could understand his anger, but he was willing to marry a Lannister if it meant that they would keep their independence and get his family back. He would not let his sisters have the same fate as his father.

"They will betray you. Lord Tywin is sly, he will tell his daughter to probably kill you during the night. We will never know whether you can trust her or not."

Robb narrowed his eyes at him, quite finished with Lord Karstark. He walked closer to him, their eyes on each other. "Then I will be the judge of that. If I find out she is betraying me, then I have every right as her husband and king to set her aside." he said, his voice tight with patience.

Robb turned around and walked towards the large desk. "Out"

When they were gone, his mother stepped forward. A worried look on her face. "Is this right, Robb? Maybe the Lords are right. That girl is a Lannister. You will never be able to fully trust her."

Robb sighed, running his hands on his face, trying to get rid of his growing headache. "I know what I am doing mother," he turned to face her. "I will marry the Lannister girl. It will give us the independence and my sisters back. What more is it that you want?"

Catelyn stayed quiet, a sorrowful look plastered her face. She knew he was right, and she did want her daughters back. But Robb–her sweet Robb didn't deserve to marry that Lannister. He deserved to marry for love. But the gifs were cruel and made Robb fall in love with a healer, but now was doomed to marry a woman he would never love.

Or so he thought.