𝐢. arrival and meetings

CHAPTER ONE
| arrival and meetings

"We are nearly there, My Lady"

Julina gave her cousin Lancel a small nod, letting him know that she had heard. Her father had ordered Lancel to escort her to the king in the north. She knew by the look on his face that he did not wish to, and if he wished so, would refuse if he could. But none defied the old lion.

Her father had told her to wear a golden gown for her encounter with the Stark. He told her that they had to show them who had the power between them. Julina obeyed, as she always did. She was never the one to disobey her father, causing him to have a great more affection towards her then her step siblings.

When Lord Tywin had remarried to Alysse Swyft, he had expected her to birth him a son, another heir. Yet disappointed him when she had died in childbirth, giving him a daughter.

Julina had never met her mother, but she would always hear of her beauty and grace. Of how she was always filled with love and affection. Rumors had speculated that even her father may had been fond of her before she had passed away.

As a horn caught the attention of Julina, she quickly grabbed the veil on her lap and put it on her head, covering her whole face. She didn't want them to see her face. Hopefully only King Robb would want to. She was not unfamiliar with men who have been in a war for near two years. She had to protect herself.

The carriage stopped and Lancel opened up the carriage door offering her his hand to take, which Julina accepted with a small smile, though he couldn't see it though the veil. The Lannister soldiers who had accompanied them, took their place around her, protecting her of any danger. Though it did not do much when they would leave her when they had arrived north.

She could hear the sound of hard footsteps on the mud beneath her feet. She flickered her eyes upward, careful not to be seen. They were all staring at her, some in curiosity and some in lust. Some in both as well.

A large man came forward. He was huge, one of the most largest man she had ever laid eyes upon. He was tall, with a deeply-lined face with brown hair with flickers of white. The cloaca he has around his shoulders making him even more gigantic. His cold eyes are on hers, though she doesn't know if he sees her.

"My Lady," he spits out. Julina keeps herself from filching from his cold tone. Even though she was a Lannister and her nephew had killed Ned Stark, did not mean she did enjoy hearing the name Lannister. Sure, she loved her family, but sometimes it would be a bit too much to bear.

She gave him a bow, her head bowed low. "My Lord Glover. It is a pleasure," she did not know what else to say. And she did notice how Lord Glover glared at her, not trying to keep his detest for her. She decided to ignore it however.

Lord Glover didn't reply, only signaling the Lannister guards to follow him. She did and noticed they were walking inside a tent. It seemed larger then the rest, but the same dull brown color. It was smart, she thought. If a battle should happen at night, the enemy would never find him in time.

As Lord Glover held the tent for her, she walked in, her hands on her dress. She had her head low, but could hear the many breaths inside the tent, as well as some murmurs.

She tilted her head up, only now taking notice of the King in the North. He was as handsome as they said. Tall, dark, red curls with striking blue eyes. He was more a Tully then a Stark.

"Why do you wear a veil. Take it off."

A voice snapped inside the tent, causing her to snap her head up. The king made no objection and she threw a uneasy look to Lancel who only returned a nod.

They wanted to see what she looked like, more King Robb then the others. She knows that her having less beauty will just ruin the marriage between the king more miserable for him.

Her hands went up to her head, her fingers unbuttoning the knot holding it in place. It fell down and she looked Robb in the eyes, waiting for him to say something.

He had his mouth open, as had the men in the tent. She felt uncomfortable, but her eyes never leaving Robb's.

A slender woman stepped forward, breaking the unpleasant silence inside the tent. "This is my son, King Robb Stark of the North." His mother, she presumed, told her proudly. "I am his Lady mother, Catelyn Stark. Pleasure to meet you"

Julina gave her a bow before turning towards Robb. "It is a pleasure, my king." That seemed to wake him up and stand straighter. He walked around the large table between them and walked forward. He gave a bow in response. "I am Julina Lannister of Casterly Rock."

Robb glanced at her for a moment before replying, "Pleasure my Lady," he turned his head towards the servant standing at the end of the tent.

"Show her, her tent for today," he glanced back at her. "I am sure she is quite tired from the journey."

She didn't want to object and sent him a soft smile before following the servant to her tent. Knowing quite well that the King in the North wanted to discuss her.

(warning) might be some spelling mistakes

please check out my other GoT works as well (;