Chapter Twenty.

Hailey's POV

I sit up on the hospital chair trying to get as comfortable as I can, but there's no use my butts starting to go numb, we've been sitting here in this waiting room for about almost two hours now and no one's come to give us any news on how Isaac's aunt is doing.

It's definitely safe to say that the family wasn't holding up so good, especially Sal.

He refused to leave his wife's side and nearly lost his shit when the paramedics informed him that he couldn't ride in the ambulance with them due to the small space.

As a matter of fact he did lose his shit, in less than half a second he pulled his gun out on the paramedics, shouting at them that they were crazy if they thought he was gonna leave Veronica's side.

Both Carmelo and Isaac instantly tried to calm Salvador down but he wasn't having it, at least not until his son stepped in and begged his dad to put down the gun. The paramedics agreed to let him ride with them if he left the weapon with his family and Salvador didn't hesitate for a second, he quickly gave Carmelo the gun and climbed into the ambulance and they took off.

I immediately offered to look after Jessica so the family could go to the hospital and wait for some news, this way they could have their own privacy and not feel like I was invading, but Nathaniel refused to leave his little sister's side. He took her from his aunt giving her one of the longest, saddest hugs I've ever seen in my life which probably benefited him more than her.

Isaac tried convincing Nate to let me take his sister but just like his father he put up a stubborn fight and said he would take her home so she could get away from all the chaos.

Carmelo and Adriana didn't really feel comfortable leaving their side for obvious reasons and suggested that they go to their house instead of his, this way they knew he would be safe and Nate agreed so his uncle instantly called him a ride.

Mrs. Matteo kept insisting that she would go home to be with Jessie, Nathaniel should be there for his dad, but he continued to argue with her that he wouldn't leave Jessica alone, and said that he didn't necessarily want to be at the hospital when they broke the news to him that his mother hadn't made it and that immediately infuriated Mr. Matteo, but he didn't necessarily yell at him.

He understood his pain, he walked up to his nephew and took his niece from him passing her over to his wife and pulled Nate in for the hug he so desperately needed and he instanley crumbled in his embrace as Carmelo reminded him that he needs to stay positive, there was still hope, she wasn't gone, not just yet.

Isaac reaches for my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze, "you okay?"

I nod squeezing his hand in return, "are you okay?" He nods quietly and I lean in towards him, resting my head on his shoulder looking up at him. "You haven't said much since we got here baby."

He turns away. "What is there to say?"

I grab his hand with my other hand so that both of my hands are hanging onto his, "Isaac.." He turns back to look at me and the pain in his eyes is enough to make me wanna cry, but I don't.

I hate that he's so used to suppressing his feelings, that he honestly believes emotions can make you weak, he holds so much in until it starts to overwhelm him and he breaks, he completely destructs himself because he lets everything consume him all at once.

I trace my thumb on his knuckles, gliding it back and forth, whispering, "you can talk to me baby, I'm here for you okay."

He inhales a deep breath not uttering a single word and glances at his father for a couple seconds. He of course is on the phone, sitting next to his wife, as her brother sits next to her, and that's when I feel it, the tremble.