Chapter Sixteen.

Happy Valentines babies ❤️

Hailey's POV

Isaac's dad and I actually stay at the restaurant for a little while longer, talking, laughing, eating our lunch, up until Beenie is entering the Mexican shop and is walking in our direction, bending over whispering something into Mr. Matteo's ear, that really seems to bother him because his whole demeanor instantly changes.

He's no longer cheerful, he's no longer friendly, any trace of a smile on his face is long gone and big bad Mr. Mob Boss is back, and that quickly saddens me and I begin to wonder, what or who could have possibly ruined his day.

Mr. Matteo dismisses Beenie and he's instantly leaving our side. The table stays quiet once Beenie is gone and Mr. Matteo has now pushed his plate away from him indicating that he's done but he doesn't say anything, he remains quiet.

"Mr. Matteo?"

He looks up at me.

"We can leave if you have somewhere you need to be," I say.

He begins to shake his head softly, "please, finish your food, I'm in no hurry, it can wait."

I push my nearly empty plate to the side, near his, and smile, "I'm finished."

He narrows his eyes for a couple seconds, looking down at my plate, "are you sure you don't want anything else, perhaps food for later on?"

"Oh no, Mr. Matteo, thank you, I'm full."

"Very well then," he motions for us to get up and we do.

Mr. Matteo doesn't wait for anyone to bring out a check, nor do we stop with the girl who's up front at the cashier. He simply digs into his black slacks and slaps a hundred dollar bill on the table, guiding me out of the little mexican restaurant.

"Beenie and Rod will be taking you back home, sweetheart, I have somewhere I have to be, if not I would accompany you for the ride," he attempts to plaster on a fake smile,  but fails miserably as we walk up to his trucks.

"It's fine, Mr. Carmelo, I would totally hug you to thank you for lunch today, but I don't know If that would be okay.."

His smile begins to grow little by little until its a wide grin and he's waving me over to him and I'm giving him a sideways hug, "I'm a lot more affectionate than I look, Hailey, just don't tell anyone, I have an image that I have to keep up," he teases.

I laugh softly, "don't worry, I'm good at keeping secrets."

"So I've been told," he laughs in return. He reaches for the backseat door and opens it while turning to look at me, "I don't know if my son's mentioned it but it's Adriana's birthday this weekend."

"He has," I smile.

Isaac has literally been driving me insane with what he should get his mother for her birthday, I don't know how many stores we've been to this last month, that women literally has anything and everything she could ever ask for, nonetheless, he decided to buy her a ring with his birthstone and his father's birthstone.

Anyone that knows anything about The Matteo's knows that Isaac is having a very hard time accepting his mother's oldest brother, Fernando, back into her life, so she decided to sit down and talk with Isaac, really talk with him. She wanted to remind him that Carmelo and her son we're still, and will always be the most important men in her life, nothing nor anyone could change that, which is why he decided to get her a ring with the stones.

Mr. Matteo continues, "well her brothers, they want to take her out for a little surprise birthday dinner. It would really mean a lot to not only me, but my wife too if you joined us, I would like to see you coming around the family more often."