Chapter Forty Three.

Isaac's POV

The vibrations to my iPhone quickly wakes me up as I glance over at it on the hospital stand beside me and I'm instantly sitting up snapping out of the sleep I almost fell into.

I can't sleep, not now, not yet, I need to be up and aware in case Hailey wakes up, I need to be there for her the second she opens her eyes.

I reach for my phone and unlock it reading Angela's message, it's her third one today.

"Do you want me to bring you some food?"

"No." I quickly reply rather than leaving her on read like I have been these past couple days.

She's here in the same hospital that Hailey is in because of Dion, he's on the second floor with a couple broken ribs, as Hailey stayed in the ICU fighting for her life.

Hailey was instantly swarmed with more than a dozen medical staff the second we got her to the emergency room and that was honestly more terrifying than watching her bleed out, there was so much going on that I couldn't keep track of what was happening, next thing I know she's being rushed into surgery from all the blood she lost and my fathers holding me back, preventing me from going with them, not that I could.

One of the nurses came out to talk to David about half an hour later telling him that Hailey's body was in shock because she had lost more than 30% of her blood and needed an instant blood transfusion. We were lucky that none of her major organs were punctured.

I felt numb to the whole predicament that we were in, I was thought to instantly shut my feelings down, but seeing David break down in front of me that night instantly triggered something in me and I let everything hit me all at once.

I thank God that I had my mom right there next to me that night because when I tell you the anger that I felt in that exact moment wasn't pretty. I couldn't hold it back anymore, I let the guilt completely take over, I let the anger consume me and I instantly wanted to kill someone, I wanted to kill him.

I can't really remember what happens after the nurse leaves to be honest. The rage that took over caused me to black out for a couple minutes.

The only thing I really remember is sitting on the floor crying with my mom kneeling in front of me as she clings onto my face, begging me to breathe, as David and my dad stand next to her.

I remember feeling hot and short breath before going blank and then nothing after that. My knuckles were bloody and bruised when I came to but I couldn't feel the pain, I couldn't feel anything again.

Panic attacks and bad tempers don't go well together apparently.

My dad instantly had someone come look at me but I was fine, I didn't need him aiding me, I didn't want anything from him in that moment I didn't even want him around me, I couldn't bare to fucking look at him and I've been avoiding him ever since.

My phone vibrates in my hand as Angela's reply comes in and I'm leaving her on read once again as she begs me to eat.

I lock my phone and place it back on the stand slouching back in the chair when there's a soft knock on the door a couple seconds later and I'm instantly reaching for my gun under Hailey's bed sheet.

Paranoia at its finest.

I crane my neck back when I hear the door softly open and watch my dad pop his head in and I'm instantly annoyed, pulling my hand back out of the sheet.

"Can I come in?" He utters quietly.

I don't say anything to him, I roll my eyes and turn back to face the front as I hear him make his way into the room.