𝑋𝑋𝐼𝑉. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠

I bolt up with a gasp, my abdomen throbbing and tears trickling down my face. I grasp the place he stabbed me.

It feels wet. My hands tremble with the shock and as I bring them to my face, I see blood.

I passed out then.

When I came to, the two gods were standing over me. My mother is gone. I didn't even get to say goodbye.

"Your friend, our little sister, was murdered by her father from the human world," Bruvis states. "And then he came to you, thinking you had knowledge of the abuse she went through. And then," he snaps his finger. The world whirls and I lose my footing. I don't even remember standing up.

"You were reborn for the first time."

And yet, I didn't go into that life. Instead, I'm back inside of the cave, everyone else still frozen. The supposed Licht seems like he's in the middle of casting a spell, his pale braided hair flowing behind him. Asta's eyes were wide as if he were seeing something unbelievable. Probably the spell Licht was casting. And Yami... he looked kinda dumb, a cigarette hanging out of his partly open mouth and deadpanned eyes.

But what am I doing back here? 

You are not ready for the rest of them. But soon, we will see. For now, you will regain the personality and... happy... memories you had in the life before this one. 

Huh-? Okay then.

A faint snap echoes through my head, and I collapse to my knees. Those memories and those words seem foreign, and they are, but I can understand them fully. My speech was different and in those... messages I sent on a device called a 'phone' were very... lewd and odd. 'SKSKSKSKSKS' and 'PLS SAJDKLJSFDFJ' was one of my most sent messages. 

And then I saw my friend again. She showed up a lot, her hands always twiddled and fidgeted, but she still laughed despite how nervous she seemed. Her bright smile lit up the room each time I saw it, and I can see why she's so important to me and to them.

She's a beautiful person, inside and out, no matter how many lives we live.

So, now you see?

Yes.

"I see."

...

What? I can practically see the dots.

What are you going to do about all of those people that like you?

Yeah, they're kinda obvious.

⇠⇡⇢

Second Person POV...

Time resumes, you now standing and in a different spot than before. Your comrades, your friends, future lovers, you get where I'm going now, but they haven't noticed that you've moved to a different spot. 

Here is where you figure out your game plan. 

Patricia is down, so you can either capture or kill her. Let's think of the pros and cons. If you kill her, she'll be dead and you won't be able to extract any information from her unless you do it before she dies. Now if you capture her, you could see her struggle pointlessly and also torture her to get information. If she bites her tongue, she dies, so you'd have to take measures against that as well, but overall, capturing her seems more alluring to you.

And what about the others?

Licht. You've seen that name from the book, and from somewhere else as well. I can't seem to remember it though... he's a powerful man, but something tells you to leave it to your comrades. He gives you an uneasy feeling, but you will go along with it for now.

And then there's Valtos. A small fry with Spatial and Cursed Magic. I'm sure that Asta will be able to-

"I DID IT!" 

Asta's roar of triumph causes you to look over at him. There's a wide, wild look in his eyes as he grins at his opponent fallen opponent, Valtos. 

"What! You really can do it? Freak...!" Yami drawls and pulls the cigarette from his mouth. An exclamation mark appears above his head, and you look at it in surprise. "Oi kid..."

The murderous aura has appeared again.

"Where's [Name]?"

"Huh?" Asta quirks his head in confusion. "She's right behind..." he turns around. "Me..." 

...

"HAH?! WHERE'D [NAME] GO?!" He yells out. He runs around aimlessly trying to find you before Yami grabs him by the head.

"I'm right here," you say sheepishly as you stand up from your mossy rock. "Sorry about that-"

"Do you really have time to be playing around?" Licht asks with a bloodthirsty glare. "You'll pay... for that! I'm not going to put up with you people hurting my men for the second time, like that!" He yells. His grimoire flips to a certain page.

Asta's head is released from Yami's tight grip. "Get over yourself! You're the one that attacked us!" He shouts.  

A blinding light comes from Licht and Captain Yami, Asta, and you have to cover your eyes a little. When it dims down, you look and see a swirl of light, light whips.

Up until now, you have been a bystander, but your body moves before your brain can understand what's happening as you cast the same spell Licht just has.

The light blinds both Yami and Asta once more, but once they look, all they can see are blurred whips as you and Licht clash.

You clench your teeth, the pounding of the rocks as they hit the floor filling your ears. Sending some mana over, you create a shield so that Asta and Yami will be protected. It's best that they save their strength, and in Yami's case, mana.

"This-This power that they have... it's like that of the gods!" Valtos shrieks. "But it's clear that Master will win-"

One of your whips hit Licht dead on, and then you direct one to Valtos. Don't worry, Patricia is safe. You still need her for interrogation purposes.

Licht and Valtos fly away, hitting the inside of the cave, causing large dents and cracks to appear.

"Valtos..." you say. You see his head loll once he hears his name. "You're very annoying. Yeah, I get that you love your master and all, but number 1, he's not even that powerful, he's just fun to watch and number 2... well, I don't have a number two yet, but you're still annoying." You grin.

...

Yami groans in exasperation while Asta tries to cut through the reappearing barrier you had made. 

Damn, is it really not that funny?

No, it isn't.

...

...

Fuck you-

Yeah, I know.

⇠⇡⇢

Thank you <3

Words: 1100

Published: November 24th, 2020

Edited:-------