Ⅳ. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕘𝕚𝕔 𝕂𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤 𝔼𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝔼𝕩𝕒𝕞

First Person POV...

After the Black Bulls captain left, some guy named Sekke went up to Asta.

I really, really don't like that Sekke character. Sure, he might be trying to make friends with Asta, but I feel like he has ulterior motives. I shrug it off for now. I shouldn't be doubting Asta. He can take care of himself.

"That's Nozel Silva, Captain of the Silver Eagles," I overhear Sekke say.

I look at face-braid up there. How the hell does he see anything with that in his face? Man, if I'm able to join his squad, I should call him 'Captain Face-Braid' on 'accident.' I look at his magic, and it kind of just goops around him, all metallic-like. Mercury Magic then. Copied.

"Say, Yuno. What are you aiming for?" I ask him. He looks at me incredulously.

"The squad closest to the Wizard King, of course." He replies.

"Hmm, alright. Good luck," I stick out my tongue with a peace sign. Yuno pinches my cheeks in retaliation. "Ow, ow, ow, ow. That hurts!" He lets go and I rub my cheeks.

"Fuegoleon Vermillion, Captain of the Crimson Lions," Sekke continues introducing captains. "As his name suggests, he's a Flame Creation Magic-user." I look at this Captain next. I see his Flame mana. He's very powerful, that's for sure. I copy his magic.

"Wow," Asta breathes. He seems so excited. I chuckle nervously and rub my hand over my arm guard. Yuno notices and pats my head, telling me to not worry. Why the fuck is this ni-

"Jack the Ripper, Captain of the Green Praying Mantises," Sekke introduces the black-haired man with a red mark running down his face. He's very tall and lanky.

"Wait. What's a praying mantis?" Asta asked.

"That long, thin green bug." I realize the Captain actually looked like a praying mantis. I hold back a snigger as I cover my mouth. "Captain Jack can rend the very earth in two with his Severing Magic." Severing, huh? Seems neat.

"Woah! That's awesome!"

"Praying Mantises though, seriously? Who wants to be named for a bug?"

A beautiful blonde woman takes her seat. I wouldn't say I feel inferior but... I feel inferior. Oh my gosh, she's actually so pretty though. 

"That's Ms. Charlotte Roselei, Captain of the Blue Rose Knights. She really is so beautiful."

I see Asta shrug out of the corner of my eyes. "Eh, she's got nothin' on [Name]." My feet heat up and I listen to Sekke again.

"Gueldre Poizot, Captain of the Purple Orcas." That one looks sketchy. Even more so, he looks like the ham I saw walking over here. Huh. Ham sounds good now. My stomach rumbles at that.

"That's all ya got?" Asta says.

"The shabbier ones don't interest me."

Sekke gets on to the other captains. Dorothy Unsworth, the captain that's always sleeping. Her squad is the Coral Peacocks. A boy with light blue hair, Rill Boismortier, Captain of the Aqua Deer. He's only 19 and a captain. He looks familiar. Maybe I've seen him before. It's probably the hair. Unbeknownst to me, his eyes were on me, recognition flashing through them. Everyone else's magic was copied.

The crowd starts screaming as the next captain comes in.

"Captain of the Golden Dawn said to be the mightiest Magic Knight squad, William Vangeance," Sekke introduces. I stifle a giggle. Vangeance sounds like vengeance. I shake my head. My humor that only I would understand. "He has his squad members' complete trust. I hear it was Captain William who took the enemy generals' head in the battle a while back."