THIRTY ONE

On a weary horse, a Red Paladin rode hurriedly down the gray and cobbled roads of a small town.

“I have an urgent missive from the south!” the paladin yelled.

“A missive? Give it to me!” Abbot Wicklow ordered anxiously as he made his way through the men of the Trinity.

“God smiles at us...” he whispered with a big smile as he read the letter.

The abbot, with a firm step, went towards a small tent outside the town. There was Sister Iris lying face down holding in her hands a small cross. In that position you could see from the entrance her back full of wounds after lashing her with an improvised whip.

“Sister Iris!”

The sister jumped up and turned towards the entrance when she heard that voice.

“I didn't hear you come in, sir.”

“Get dressed, you have a job” he continued, “we found the Fey ships.”

“This is great news sir!” she added enthusiastically.

“And not only that... we have been advised that the witch is in Pendragon. I will send some men to capture her and to the outskirts of the city, without curious and unwanted locals, you will make sure to kill her.”

A big evil smile spread across her face knowing it was her chance to show her devotion to the church and defeat Queen Fey once and for all.

“I'll gouge out her eyes and bring them to him!” exclaimed Iris, “this time I will not fail you.”

“God will guide you, my daughter, I know he will and that you will kill that demon.”

Abbot Wicklow paused before continuing.

“Don't come back until you kill her” he added in a serious and threatening tone before leaving.

A fear pierced the soul of Sister Iris thinking that if she failed she could no longer serve God and rid the world of the Fey. It was all or nothing and she knew it.