SEVENTEEN

After receiving the order from Abbot Wicklow, Sister Iris along with dozens of members of the Trinity rampaged every village in their path that hid Fey people causing a river of crimson on their mission to search for the magician Merlin and the Sword of Power.
The sound of iron and wooden wheels rolling on the white sand road made Sister Iris spot three chariots with apparently human people.

“Stop!” she ordered in an authoritative tone blocking the way, “Where are you going?”

“Towards the town, ma'am. We're just a traveling circus that brings fun” said the old man.

“They will have to turn around. Several humans hid Fey people in their barns and the town is being purified in the name of God.”

The wide smiles of the passersby turned down upon hearing her words.

“Okay... we'll turn around” he said in a muffled voice.

A boy sitting in a chariot wearing a large gray hat caught Sister Iris's attention.

“Boy, don't you think your hat is too big for you?”

The boy shook his head from side to side without taking his eyes off the ground as her mother wrapped him in her arms. Iris gripped the hat tightly revealing brown curls and two small horns on his head.

“Did you think you could hide from me?” she told making a sign to the Trinity.

Screams of terror and blood everywhere bathed the road as the chariots were burned little by little. Spike balls rained down on the Feys punishing their bodies and slaughtering them. Men, women and children without exception ended up on the ground with positions difficult to imitate.

“You won't get away with it” said the old man who was lying dying in a tree, “I have seen the Hidden in her eyes, in the eyes of Queen Fey and I know that she will come for you.” he laughed as he spat blood from his mouth.

“Is the witch still alive?” she asked skeptically.

Faced with such a revelation, Sister Iris ended the suffering of the old man ready to communicate the news to the Church when a hiss tore through the air.