NINETEEN

On the path through the lush forest, Squirrel and the Weeping Monk helped those Fey who were attacked by Sister Iris and the Trinity.
The air was heavy with black smoke from the wooden chariots and they had to retreat to the side to breathe better. The flashy clothing of the people no longer looked so because of the ash impregnated in it.
Squirrel still couldn't believe that the person he saw in the battle was Sister Iris. A voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Why did you stay still? That girl was going to shoot you and you didn't move away” the Weeping Monk said.

“I knew her. I taught her to use the bow” he answered trying to understand why she had joined them.

“If you are going to fight you have to bear in mind that people can die. Even the people you thought you knew” he said calmly.

A woman from the traveling circus approached them cautiously still not quite trusting the Weeping Monk.

“I have to thank you” she began, “if it weren't for you, we'd all be dead. We are not warriors nor have we ever wielded a weapon so perhaps the Hidden sent you to help us.”

Squirrel and the monk looked at each other.

“We'd better go” the woman continued, “we will not give up what we want but first we must bury our people” she ended sadly setting off with the circus or what was left of it. Meanwhile the boy and the monk decided to resume their way to join Nimue.

The rays of the sun heated intensely during the trip.

“Lancelot, how did you learn to fight like this?” Squirrel asked.

“Discipline, God made me be his sword.”

“Of course...” he replied with a sarcastic tone, “If that God exists and is as good as they say why does he allow the Fey to die just because they are different?”

His words made the Weeping Monk ponder until, suddenly, a tingling crept up his spine making him stop short.

“I want you to teach me to fight with the sword” the boy continued, “Lancelot? Lancelot why do you stop?”

Squirrel looked at him strangely and the monk tensed feeling a peculiar trace.

“The queen Fey... Nimue” he corrected, “It goes south.”

“How do you know?”

The young man was silent for a short time before answering.

“Is a feeling.”

“Lancelot... Are you Fey?”

That boy caused for the first time in a long time a feeling of security and tranquility to run through him.
The monk nodded at his question and they decided to change course south, following Nimue's trail.