CHAPTER SIXTY ONE. REUNION.

Hitomu examined the familiar landscape before his eyes. A nostalgic aroma of when he used to live here filled his heart. This place did not change a bit. The smell of greenery, the touch of grass on his feet, the sound of children giggling as they played around, the warmth of those he knew, all of them came rushing back to him. His lips curved into a serene smile. Zarad stood behind him, his eyes darting around this place where his lover came from.
The first ones to notice Hitomu were the children playing at the neraby playground. The playground was something he had made for them.

All the children stopped playing. Their heads steered towards the direction Hitomu was standing. Their gazes were fixated on him only, so much that they did not notice the other man behind Hitomu. No one among them made a sound. Their eyes were wide, as if they were in shock. Like a person confusing reality with illusion the children kept staring.

Hitomu smiled at them. "All of you have grown a bit. Its good to see you all doing so good."

The children flinched at his words.

"Waaahhhhhhhhh!" They exclaimed as they realised that the person before them was their teacher, in body and soul, and not his ghost.
Their eyes turned red as they began running towards their teacher.

"Wuwuwu.........wuuuu...."

"Huaakkkk........"

"Waahhhhh...uwaaa....wa..."

None of them could make out proper sentences to greet Hitomu as they sprinted towards him, tears and snort decorating their crying faces.
It was their teacher. It was their teacher Hitomu.
The children wailed as they hugged him. Because everyone was feeling this overwhelming emotion that they did not knew how to define, they encircled Hitomu, hugging his legs, sticking to his clothes, crawling around him from all sides, like chirping birds flocking a tree. Hitomu chuckled as he bent over and got down on his knees.
"Did you guys miss me this much? Look at how stunning your crying faces are."
When his face was on the same eye level as these children several small palms touched his face, as if to confirm that this was not a dream. Their eyes teared once more as they jumped into Hitomu's amrs, all of their tiny bodies hugging him tightly. And as they did they started to wail even more louder.

"Wuwuw.....uwaaa.....teacher......waahhhhh........teacher is backkk.....ahhhh......"

Hitomu hugged them back. He rubbed their back, pating everyone lightly as he waited for them to calm down a bit. But because the crying of these children were so loud, it attracted the attention of the others.

"Oh my god!!!" A female's voice exclaimed. It was Sister Lim. She covered her mouth with her hands, gasping in shock. Tears flowed down from her red eyes as she kept her sobs to herself. Thank goodness.
Hitomu smiled at her.

"Hitomu!!!" Elder Rofer and Elder Ron stared at the person before them. They felt as if their eyes were playing tricks on them.

"Teacher Rofer, Teacher Ron, Teacher Hitomu is back. He is real." One of the children spoke, his voice hoarse with crying. As he said this his hand gripped tightly on Hitomu's robe.

The two elders felt a warm sensation fall on their eyes. Even they were on the verge of tears.

"I am sorry for not visiting earlier."
When Hitomu said this the two old men started sprawling out their eyes. They choked on their saliva and tears, unable to utter anything at the moment.
Hitomu looked around.
"Where are they?" He asked.

"Lydith, Lanse and Martx are at the capital." Elder Lon replied.

That made sense. He thought.
The state of everyone wailing at his return made him feel helpless.
This scene made Hitomu speechless. And he even felt a bit guilty.
Then he saw something that made his mouth gape wide open.