CHAPTER TWENTY. STAY AWAY FROM HIM.

On the way back to the secret camp of the black knights, the two people did not exchange any word making the atmosphere between them very awkward. The two walked side by side when entering the camp and was welcomed by a group of rare people.

"Master." They greeted Zarad by slightly bowing their heads.
They raised their heads at his signal and once they lifted their eyes fell on the person beside him.

Pair of hawk like eyes stared at Hitomu as if trying to burn a hole through him, their gazes intense and intimidating. Sadly it did not effect the target of their eyes in anyway.
Hitomu had met them the very same day when he was transferred here and the first thought that came to his mind was "Loyal Tigers."
These very people making up the secret organisation called the black knights which existence was a myth in the continent of Razia was the asset of the villain of this world. Later this mythical army would lead the war, fighting on the front lines, by the side of their master, plundering the conscience of the people, shocking the world, 
The historic war called the WARRING MYTH.

Prince Zarad forced his army of monsters in an attempt to dethrone and kill the crown prince was what the world thought but in reality these army of loyal tigers followed their master into the depths of an abyss.

Hmmmm...

Hitomu glanced at someone sideways.

Except for one.......

While at the same time the other party who were intensely staring at him couldn't help but be doubtful of him.

Was this boy really the one who had defeated that pompous general? How skilled is he?

Was what everybody was thinking about him. Unlike most ordinary people who noticed his disfigured face right away these group of man valued skill and talent. Power was the base of beauty for them. Moreover the rumour about this frail young boy defeating a veteran attracted their interest in him very much.

Zarad looked at the young boy beside him.

"To the nest of the lightning python."

Many of the members showed a slightly shocked look.

Hitomu knew what he meant. It was time for a trial to test his skills before all the members of the knights to receive their acknowledgement as one of them. Every new entering member had to do this within a span of three days. The subject of the assignment however changed each time. As for the reason why they seemed shocked, he also knew it.
The lightning python was a magical creature gifted with the breath of lightning bolts. Big about the size of a normal elephant, it had a thin plastic like slippery coating on its skin which protected it from the electric bolts occupying its nest.
One strike of lightning bolt was not enough to kill but when combined with many, it could kill the human body, which was a good conductor of heat and energy. Luckily the lightning python was a lazy beast, it nested on its home. However the nest would slowly destroy the terrain of the area near its vicinity thus they had to be slayed and killed.

"Let's go!"

The command was given and everyone present immediately followed.

Sure enough when they reached the vicinity of the nest the plants, trees and the land there was slowly being destroyed, as if rotting from inside. Although there was no rotten smell one could not deny the danger of smelling this odourless poison for a long time. And the only way to mend it was by killing the queen of the nest itself.

Zarad gave the others a look.

Suddenly the group of people jumped up onto the surrounding tall trees. Footing themselves to a comfortable position some even sat down on the frail branches of the trees. While Hitomu continued to walk up. Sensing him still follow behind he turned his head to look back.