CHAPTER THIRTY SIX. HE IS BACK.

As expected he had returned.

Surrounded by his group of men who were welcoming their master's return, Zarad stood at the centre. He came out of seclusion. Alone. His expression as usual like always. This meant Hitomu's prediction was not wrong.

Zarad did not have his encounter with his fated lover.

Hitomu stared at the scene from afar wearing a nonchalant face with a blank expression. As soon as his presence was noticed by Zarad from afar pair of blue eyes stirred toward his direction. Their eyes locked with each other.
At this point Hitomu did not even frown his brows or click his tongue in irritation anymore. Reacting to his stares was a waste as it would not change anything. It was better to just ignore it anyways.

The crowd surrounding him dispersed at his command.

"Oh, by the way, your childhood buddy came over three days ago. He has been frequenting from time to time." Someone spoke to him.

Hearing him speak Zarad moved his eyes at the one by his side. It was Parnn, one of his close subordinate.
The latter looked at him and added.

"It must be something important."

Zarad understood the underlying meaning behind Revard's frequent visits. It always meant only one thing, "Important updates", which the first prince should be aware of. While thinking so his eyes went back at the person standing near a tree at some distance. While keeping his eyes still toward that direction he replied.
"I shall pay him a visit tomorrow."

Because his pupils which were shaking as if being stirred up by something was faintly noticeable, Parnn caught it right away. Curiously he followed the direction of his eyes.

Thud!

His shoulders shook in surprise. Because right there was standing their family's newest member. As usual, he was standing aloof, staring into space in deep thought wearing a blank expression.
Why was Zarad staring at him a bit excitedly? He couldn't help but wonder.
No one was aware of the confrontation between the two that had happened over a month ago.
Besides, they did not even interact with each other before.
So Parnn found this situation bizarre.

"Zarad?" He called out to him. The other replied without looking at him.

With his eyes still fixated at Hitomu, "What?"

"........."

Hitomu noticed the additional person looking over at him. Without waiting he turned away from them and left.
While he was leaving, the stares followed his retreating back. Specially the owner of those scalding blue eyes, they did not leave him.

"Do you have something to say to him?"

At the sudden question his eyes finally darted towards Parnn. Wearing a calm expression he denied. "Not now."

"What something to ask? And to whom?" Khiluya suddenly came in between interrupting their conversation.

At his sudden interruption Parnn cleared his throat and shifted the conversation. "But why did it took so long this time? You have never secluded yourself for more than a month?"

Zarad followed suit. "Cultivating."

Cultivating? I wasn't asking that....i was asking why.......

"But master you are already so good. So don't push yourself that hard." Khiliya said with a wide smile.

Parnn frowned at him. Although displeased he did not scold him. Instead he turned to Zarad. "And....?"
He said. "How was the fruit?"

The usual cold face was back on his face. Glancing at the direction that person went for the last time his lips curved a bit. It was faint and unnoticeable. "Will know soon." Even his eyes were shinning with interest.

Because he had just returned he had to leave for his palace. As soon as he returned he ignored the shivering workers who bowed their heads towards him like scaredy cats. Without any delay he soaked himself enjoying a relaxing bath taking his time. Once he was finished he was about to have a light meal then visit the knights at evening. He couldn't wait to see him again.
However an annoying visitor came over to ruin his plans.

"What?" He looked at him innocently. "Don't look at me like that. It breaks my glass heart so much. Ahhh.....!" Revard even added an exaggerated cry directed towards the man who was furrowing his eyebrows at him with a glare.

"Stop with that. I heard you came over a couple of times during my seclusion."

"Who said that i came over couple of times? I almost came everyday waiting for my dear stone cold childhood friend to return. Wuwu...i even missed you sooo much."

"......." Zarad gave him a disgusted look. His words were too cringey for his ears. Too bad he was unaware of how he will act like him in the future.
"On with the topic." He ignored his embarrassing remark. It wasn't the first time he was behaving this way. Infact he had been like this ever since they became close.

Revard smiled at him. Staring at the look on his face he started to laugh out aloud.

What's so funny........

"Anyway, lets begin. I did not visit you to see your signature expression." Cough. Cough. Then he looked at him with a serious expression. "While you were gone a member of the imperial family died. Shortly after a special envoy visited the palace."

A special envoy and a dead person?

Without making him wait Revard continued. "The dead member is the imperial general of our empire. His body was found in one of the big towns near the coastal area. No signs of being physically harmed or poisoned. The exact cause of his dead is still unknown. In simple words his case remains a mystery.
Moreover the general had just left for the kingdom of Lana. His body was placed on a boat which, miraclously drifted back to our kingdom."

Zarad finally reacted properly. No evidence of being physically harmed or poisoned? This was what caught his attention.

"As for the special envoy, it was quite a surprise. The crown prince of the Moon empire visited, and even stayed in the palace for a few days."

"Crown prince Shand?" Zarad was surprised. Of course, even a reclusive person like him knew about the trash crown prince of the Moon kingdom.

Revard shook his head. Rubbing his fingers against his chin he added.
"What's surprising was that the man in person was quite different from how the rumours circulating about him depicted his demeanor and character."