Chapter 19

'Oh my'

A smirking Enola Holmes was sitting in front of him. She was back.

It took him a few seconds to process the information but then he got up, his chair falling back with a loud thud. It probably woke up half of the ballroom.

"I must say, Viscount Tewksbury Marquess of Basilwether, I didn't expect so many people to be here tonight. Seems like you are a very eligible bachelor." She said, watching him with amusement.

He finally snapped out of his stupor. "What can I say Miss Holmes ? I'm just perfect."

...

Enola stayed at Basilwether Hall that night and slept in her old bedroom. While they were breaking their fast, Tewksbury suggested a promenade through London so they could catch up, with Lady Tewksbury as a chaperone. 

"So how was working with your brother ?"

"Great, actually, but I don't think I would do it again. I want to make it on my own, without any of my brothers."

"You know I really missed you."

"I know. Who wouldn't ?" she laughed.

"When did you come back ?"

"Yesterday."

"Why didn't you tell me ?"

"You know I love making big entrances. It wouldn't have been fun otherwise. Your face was pretty hilarious."

They continued to walk, then sat on a bench.

"I am so tired. I am never doing that again." Tewksbury sighed, looking up at the sky.

"Doing what ?"

"The ball. Too much girls for my poor brain."

"Well, you don't need to anymore."

"What ?" he said, looking at her.

She didn't respond but put her head on his shoulder and sighed.

"I missed these moments with you." she said after a moment of silence.

...

The next day, Lady Tewksbury woke up at 7am as usual. She got dressed, then walked down the stairs. The woman sat at the table and waited for the rest of her family to wake up, reading the newspaper. Her eyes widened at the view of the first page's title.

DID LORD TEWKSBURY FIND HIS FUTURE WIFE ?

Underneath the sentence was a picture of Enola and Tewksbury walking in the street.

Now that she thought about it, it was the first time in weeks that she'd seen her son so happy. She'd also noticed the other day how he looked at Enola.

'Maybe she's the one.' she thought.