Chapter 16

Tewksbury was asleep when he heard a knock on his door. He groaned and looked at the clock. 3am.

"Ugh." 

He got up and opened the door.

"Enola ? Why are you up ?"

"I- uh, wanted to say goodbye."

"Okay but- wait what ?! I must be still asleep. What did you say ?"

"I got a letter from Sherlock. He is working on a case and wants me do go undercover with him. Oh, and forget I told you about the undercover part by the way."

"Oh. Now I really hope this is a nightmare."

"I'm sorry." She took his hand.

"And, um, when will you be back ?"

"I don't know. Sherlock said it could last a month or so."

He sighed.

"What can I say anyway ? Have fun and don't forget me ?"

She chuckled and hugged him.

"I promise I'll be back as soon as possible."

She smiled sadly.

"Goodnight."

She left. Tewksbury didn't move and stared at the door.

'I love you'

...

The next morning, the boy woke up, really tired. After his conversation with Enola, he couldn't go back to sleep. Tewksbury got dressed and walked downstairs.

"Darling what is the matter ? Are you alright ?" Lady Tewksbury asked, worried.

The boy looked exhausted and barely touched his food.

"I'm okay."

He left the table and went to the garden. He decided to paint. He took the paintbrush but nothing came to his mind. He sighed and went back to his room. He lay on the bed, but couldn't sleep. So he just stayed there, staring at the ceiling.

And it was only the first day.