Chp. 6

"Ben! I need your help."

"What is it, lover girl?"

Well, that nickname isn't new, he called me that most days.

"The princess asked me to meet her at the garden," I whispered.

"Wait, why are you whispering." He whispered back.

"Your sister is kinda creepy, she knows everything about me."

"That's weird unless you're royalty. She knows every one of them."

Oh.

"Anyway, what should I do? She said that we'll be going on a tour." I said.

"She has never done this to her past maids. You must be unique to her huh?" He playfully pushed my shoulders.

"Jeanne, I've been looking for you
Come on, let's go." It was Rainatta.

"Take care of her, will you?" Ben said to his sister.

"That's what I do brother."

Ben's expression seemed to change. He excused himself and left the room we're in.

"Do you even want to go? If not, I can cancel today." She asked.

"Are you nuts?"

I cleared my throat and composed myself.

"Of course, your highness. Let's go."

"What did I said? Stop calling me that."

Before she can make it in front of me, I walked before her and made my way to the garden.

...

Yes, she brought me to the freaking kingdom of Onyx. To embarrass me.

"That is King Hubert and Queen Melissa, the rulers of Kingdom Onyx."

"Don't rub it in my face Rai."

"Oh, so you're calling me Rai now?"

"Your name is too long, a waste for my saliva," I said without looking at her.

I'm so tired of her smart remarks. This is who, this is that. She's making my brain go crazy.

"That's what I like about you, Nikole."

This time, I turned to look at her.

"You get so confident sometimes, it's a great turn-on." She left her place and walked around the busy street of Onyx.

"While you, you're so bold."

"Is it a turn-on to you?"

"Nope."

"How did you know me? I was never the one who shows up at the royal parties and balls." I asked.

We walked and walked until we reached this stall that is selling some daggers.

"You don't really remember me do you?" She sighed, inspecting the daggers inside the basket.

"Uh, I don't even know you?" I awkwardly said.

"Keep this." She gave me the dagger she picked.

"How much is this sir?" I asked.

"That would be 10 shillings. But for you my darling, that would be for free." He looked at me and down my dress, smiling smugly.

"Here's the payment sir. Goodbye." Rai paid the man, grabbing my hands in the process and leaving the stall.

"You know that I can just stab that man to death right?"

"And what? Be prisoned at this kingdom?" She said

When she mentioned that, I remember the old lady and her premonition about my future.

"What's wrong?" I didn't realize that Rai stopped walking.

"Nothing."

"You can tell me."

I sighed and closed my eyes for a second.

"There was this old lady who was with me at the Underground. She said some things, about my future."

"Care to share?" She asked.

"I rather not. I believe that these types of things shall not be revealed to anyone but yourself."

"Hmm." She looked down at me, smiling proudly.

"You're so full of secrets Nikole."

"Says the one who confused me all the time," I muttered.

"What's that?"

"Nothing. Thanks for this dagger anyway." I offered her the best smile I can produce.

"O-oh, it's just a little thing."

My eyes widen, at her sudden stuttering.

"Did you just stuttered and why are your cheeks turning red? Are you blushing?!" I laughed at her face as she frowns at me.

"People aren't perfect Nikole. People can fall for someone's tiny actions."

I went silent after she said that. I have no chance of disrespecting her, she's a princess while I am just a useless sibling.

"I really bet that you'll earn that crown someday." She said.

"Huh?"

"I mean it, your kingdom will grow if you are their ruler."

Those are the same words that the old lady said.

"Thank you for the compliment then."

"I'm serious." She stopped walking, she's now facing me.

"You'll be an amazing leader. You got the wisdom and ways. You just have to believe in yourself."

"Negative, my sisters are much more compatible with those words you've said. Who would choose someone like me to rule the whole kingdom right?"

I continued to walk but her hands held my arms, bringing me back to her, even more close.

"Rai, people are staring."

"Let them. Let them see that you're the deserving princess of kingdom Mazzo."

I started to breathe heavily as anxiety starts to overtake me.

"Show them mon amour." She whispered.

With my newly found strength, I swiftly turned my back to her, grabbing her hand that is resting on my arms then I threw her over my shoulder.

Resting my left leg on her chest and pointing the dagger she bought me earlier.

She spits a little amount of blood from her mouth and proudly smiled at me and mouthing the word 'Go'

"I am Nikole Jeanne Mazzo, the sibling running for the crown."

I looked back down to Rai and she motioned me to continue.

I heavily pressed my feet on her chest, earning a few 'Oh' from the crowd.

"I'll make sure that every filth and every enemy shall pay for their bad intentions."

"Nikole of Mazzo!" The old man shouted, raising his fist.

"Nikole of Mazzo!" The crowd followed.

I offered Rai a hand and she gladly accepts it.

Thank god.