Part 52

Haeun was panting, her breath blurry as she ran at the speed of light

Haeun was panting, her breath blurry as she ran at the speed of light. She felt dizzy and sick, but did not stop and pushed herself to her limits. Her surroundings were spinning in her eyes, switching between 2 similar looking abandoned corridors.

They had brought Yuri to an abandoned building outside of Seoul. There was no life at all surrounding this place, perfect place to kidnap and torture someone.

The girl perked up, hearing more blood-curdling screams which made her run even quicker. She slowly began getting blinded by rage the nearer she got to the terrific noises.

And then suddenly, the screams cut off.

Haeun ran through the doorway, coming into a big room. Her eyes darted around until they reached the small figure laying on the ground in one of the corners of the room. Above her stood a tall and buff man who's head snapped towards the new arrival. He was holding a whip in his hands, droplets of blood falling from them down into a pool of blood on the concrete floor.

"Ryuwon..." Haeun breathed out, her eyes widening an inch.

The man had fucked up.

And he realized that as soon as the girl in the doorway lunged herself at him, smashing into him with such force that he hit backwards into the wall with a loud thud. He could not collect himself as the harmless looking persona kicked him in the side, sending him flying accross half of the room.

Haeun looked up towards the other 2 people in the room, who backed away in astonishment. She felt her killers calm take over as the icy feelings of raw anger travel up her veins. Her watchful eyes were dead set on her opponents as she began slowly stepping towards them.

Seonggi staggered. "Haeun, I-"

But he was interrupted as the other buff man yelled out in pain. The girl had ran into him as well, delivering a punch to his face. She then aimed her next at his Adam's apple and he fell down in a desperate attempt to gather air. Haeun them kicked him right in the face and the deafening sound of a crack told everyone about the faith of his nose.

As the second man also blacked out, the girl's cold glare slowly turned towards. Seonggi. He stepped backwards, beginning to panic.

After his escape from prison with Chuwol's help, he felt invincible. He wanted payback for the misery Haeun had put him through and in the process realized who she had actually been all along.

But seeing her now scared the living hells out of him.

With shaky hands, Seonggi reaches for his waist where he had his gun, but he was too late. The boy yelped out in surprise as a small hand went around his neck, restricting his airways. Seonggi began choking as he grasped on her grip, but could not tear her off.

In her state of rage, Haeun managed to lift him up off the ground, further making him unable to breathe. The boy was shrieking and thrashing, but her state of mind did not let her have any conscience or morale.

That's what led the girl to walk up to the tall window and smash him against it. She then let him go and with a cry, Seonggi began falling down 2 stories. Then, the noise stopped as he fell down  into the grass below.

Haeun was panting as she watched his lifeless body laying down on the ground. Finally, the icy feeling retreated and she felt her stomach begin churning as the realization dawned on her.

During her daze, she did not notice the figure that slowly emerged from behind a stack of boxes, a pistol in hand. With a smirk, Chuwol raised the weapon at her back while she was still unaware.

At that moment, a panting Jisung ran into the room as well. His eyes widened at the scene and he watched as Chuwol clenched his finger around the trigger, ready to shoot.

In a moment of panic and desperation, Jisung lunged himself towards the girl while screaming out.

"NO!"

And as the girl turned around in shock, he threw his arms around her and buried her head in his chest. She could hear exactly 5 fast heartbeats before-

Bang

Jisung took in a sharp breath, feeling the silver object piercing through his skin and into his flesh. The ripping, immediate pain spread through his entire body, covering each and every part of it.

But he still managed to look down, the tips of his lips turning upwards as he took in Haeun's face. Her eyes were wide open, her mouth agape as she watched the life begin to deteriorate from his sparkling eyes.

It felt as if the world had stopped for both of them as they stared at each other, Jisung with a disturbing calmness and Haeun falling into shock. And no matter the pain he was feeling... he felt glad.

"Jisung." The girl whispered, her voice cracking as she looked up at his peaceful expression. This all felt too unreal.

But it all crashed down on her as Jisung's legs finally let out and he limply fell down to the side.

"JISUNG!" Haeun yelled out in pure terror, dropping down onto her knees beside him. Her eyes flooded with tears as she gripped onto his arm, beginning to shake it. She just then saw the blood pooling under his body from where the bullet had pierced through him.

"Jisung... no... no no no no." She breathed out, her pupils shaking as she watched him attempt at a small smile. His eyes then slowly began shutting as if he was just going to fall asleep.

"No! Dont you dare close your eyes, you hear me?!" She shook him even harder in desperation, the tears beginning to stream down her face.

"H-Haeun..." Jisung began, his voice quiet and weak. "I-"

He could not finish his sentence as he began coughing violently in an attempt to clear his airways. He was choking. Dying.

And the last thing he heard was a piercing scream as his eyes finally shut and he stopped feeling anything.

I cried while making this chapter oh my god-