Part 33

"I just need you to sign this

"I just need you to sign this." Johnny's cold yet surprisingly softer voice echoed through the room. Daehwi, who sat in the chair in front of him, was trembling as he continued looking around in panic. He was being carefully observed by Taeyong's watchful eye and also by Doyoung who just couldn't focus on his own work since the newcomer had arrived. Haeun and Mark were of course also in the office and were the only ones who watched Daehwi with pity.

The rest of the guys were carrying on with their own businesses, only Jeno had been sent to Taeil and Kun because a bullet had slightly scratched his arms, but it was by no means serious.

Johnny offered the young boy a paper and pen, but Daehwi was too shaken up to take the offer. Although the elder was a quite patient individual, he was getting slightly irritated with the amount of time that was being wasted during the process.

Haeun sighed and couldn't bear watching the scene anymore, so she pushed herself off the wall from beside Mark and stepped towards her friend. Daehwi flinched feeling her hand on his shoulder and looking up he relaxed slightly.

"You just need to sign it and everything will be fine." The girl smiled reasurringly and he gulped, his throat extremely dry.

"W-what am I agreeing to?" He spoke for the first time, slightly comforted by the presence of his friend although he was still unsure of what to think of her. He thought she had been the most innocent person of all time. Turns out she's not just a part of, but the leader of a gang.

"That you won't speak of this ever to anyone. If you break the terms, you will have to face the consequences. Same thing goes if you don't agree to sign." Johnny interrupted and just the thought of that sent a cold shiver down Daehwi's spine.

"But it also means that we will protect you from now on since you may be in danger 24/7. That will go on as long as it takes us to eliminate the people who might target you." Haeun took the sheet of paper and pen and placed it in front of him. She also made sure to send Johnny a glare for scaring the younger boy even further.

Daehwi rose his extremely shaky pen and warily took the pen in hand. He felt the entire room staring at him intensely as he lowered it over the bottom right hand side where he was supposed to sign the contract. The boy never thought that in his nearly 17 years of life he would ever need to sign something for a gang, but here he was. And this could mean life or death.

That's why he quickly put down his signature, it being slightly messy due to his shaky hand.

Daehwi felt Haeun's hand rubbing his back comfortingly as he put the pen down while exhaling sharply

"Perfect." Johnny exclaimed, taking the paper and placing it inside a red folder.

"Good job." The girl smiled at Daehwi who looked up at her still fearful. "Mark, take him to eat something. Also, accomodate him for the night."

"F-for the night?!" The young boy exclaimed, but was interrupted as Mark came towards him and helped him get up then escorted him out of the office. The 2 walked in silence, approaching the loud noises coming from the main living room. 

Mark couldn't help but to look at the frightened boy in worry. "Hey, it's alright. We won't hurt you." 

"B-but, I-i saw you k-kil-" 

"We didn't kill anyone." The elder boy's strict voice made Daehwi immediately shut up. "None of us enjoy doing that. Even hurting anyone else by the slightest. But if we don't, those people will try to murder all of us, including our families and friends." 

There was silence, the atmosphere extremely tense as the younger boy was shocked at the other's sudden outburst. Mark, now quite grumpy, sighed. "Just come with me, I'll get you something to eat."

The 2 walked into the living room, which was filled with the rest of the guys, all either Daehwi's age or much older. They all turned towards the 2, but did not seem too surprised at the newcomer, therefore turned back to watching the intense game on the huge monitor. Chenle, who Daehwi sometimes spoke to, smiled widely. 

"Are you hungry? You came just in time. Mom is about to make dinner." 

"Mom?" The unaware boy frowned and then heard another voice from the doorway.

"I said to not call me mom."

"But Kun~~" Chenle whined as the elder boy strolled past them and towards the kitchen.

"If you don't be quiet there's no dinner for you."

"That's a lie, you would never take away someone's dinner!" Yangyang, who Daehwi realized was one of the new seniors yelled out. The guy that went by Kun or 'mom' rolled his eyes and walked into the other room.

"Why did Haeun stay with those guys in the other room?" Daehwi asked Mark confused.

"Probably to discuss what to do with you, like what kind of security we're going to give you. It varies from just basic monitoring to you staying here with us for some time." 

Daehwi was quick to try to argue, but the elder cut him off. "Don't worry. That rarely happens. We'll just probably install cameras and you probably will be restricted to only a few locations. Like, no going out with friends and stuff except if someone from the gang is with you."

"O-oh..." 

"Nope, they're probably just talking about the attack and planning some raid or something." Renjun interrupted, immediately getting a glare from Mark. "Oh, right, I'm not supposed to be telling you this."

The elder boy sighed. "Did you delete all the footage?"

Renjun hummed. "Took me about 30 minutes after we came to get everything deleted. There is no issue unless there is copies of this somewhere else." 

"Good."

"But Mark, can you please tell me why the hell that swine is with us all the time?! She has her own unit to lead!" Renjun whined, glancing over to Naeun who was cheering on the game. The girl glared in his direction.

"You know I can hear you, right?"

"I don't care. You're younger than me anyways." Renjun stuck out his tongue and Naeun sent him a middle finger.

"Anyways, don't be too nervous Daehwi. According to the members you'll be fine as long as you keep quiet and follow the rules. At some point you won't need to see us anymore, so don't worry too much." Chenle continued his friendly talk towards his classmate who finally seemed to have relaxed a bit.

" Chenle continued his friendly talk towards his classmate who finally seemed to have relaxed a bit

Yeah so surprise, surprise I'm starting more nct dream books so like expect that to come.

And I'm also thinking of making this into a series until I have made a book for each of the members, what do you think? 🤔