Part 30

Lmao this is the same amount of chapters as 'Not like you' and I'm not even close to being done on this book. 😂

Jisung wiped off the droplets of sweat that appeared on his forehead without taking his eyes off of his moving aim

Jisung wiped off the droplets of sweat that appeared on his forehead without taking his eyes off of his moving aim. He way laying down on top of an average sized building, out of sight to the naked eye. In his hands he felt the tremendous weight of the murder weapon as he pointed it towards the man.

"Jisung, there's a parting in the crowd ahead. The rest of the dreamies and Haeun are there to make sure no civilian gets in the way. After shooting, leave immediately." Taeyong's cold yet assuring voice came through the ear piece and the young boy mumbled a quick 'understood' before putting all of his focus back on the moving target.

He was the sniper. This had to happen at some point.

Chuwol wasn't being cautious at all as he strolled past the huge crowds of the very populated square. Jisung glanced to the left where a small square was slightly cleared up of people. The perfect spot for him to calmly assassinate the gang leader.

But he was far from being calm. His stomach was churning and his heart raced endlessly as Chuwol got closer and closer to the target location. Jisung's finger slowly tensed up, applying small pressure to the triger as he began counting down in his head.

3...2...1...

He was done counting down yet his entire body was frozen. His mind had gone blank and he barely made out the voice that came through the earpiece, this time being Jeno. "Jisung, what are you doing?! Shoot him!" 

But as the young boy took a deep breath in order to pull the trigger, Chuwol had already been drowned by another wave of people and it was impossible to shoot him.

"Well this is just great." Jisung heard Yuta groan on the other side of the ear piece, but he was too confused to care.

He had failed. Completely failed something that could've ended this whole ordeal. 

Jisung's hands shook violently as he let go of the weapon and sat back, slowly dragging himself away from it. The realization downed on his about what he could've done just now. He could have ended a life. But the other side of him yelled at him for not pulling the trigger.

He was in a gang afterall. He had to do this.

But the thought did not go away as he choked down a sob as his back hit the cold, hard wall of the small booth that led up to the rooftop in general. His mind became a blur whilst a pulsing migrane hit his temple, making him whimper slightly while panting. He was slowly beginning to have a panic attack.

At that moment the door was thrown open and a small figure frantically ran out of the rusty door and onto the rooftop. Her eyes darted around before they finally fell on the boy who couldn't even get himself to look in her direction.

Her heart sank seeing Jisung this way. She silently walked up to him and crouched in front of him, now seeing how terrible he looked. His face had turned a ghostly shade of white, eyes red from the tears that were threatening to walk out and his lips were parted in a choked attempt to catch a breath. Haeun's hand slowly travelled to his shoulder and comfortingly began rubbing it.

"I-I'm sorry." Jisung blurted out, finally looking her in the eye. The girl immediately shook her head.

"No, it's completely fine Jisung-ah. This is a very difficult job, this is understandable." Her soft voice was laced with pity. The boy began staggering, voicing his disagreement when she interrupted. "Breathe." 

Her authorative voice made him shut up and do as she said. It was difficult, but he slowly managed to calm his heart and managed to begin breathing normally. Haeun patted his shoulder. "No one will hold you accountable for this."

Well that wasn't entirely true.

Because when she drove them back to the mansion, the 2 were greeted by a not-too-happy-looking Taeyong. He sent Haeun one look before turning to Jisung.

"Why didn't you do it?" His voice was extremely cold.

"Taeyong, it isn't the best time to talk about-" Haeun attempted to speak yet she was cut off.

"Give me a good reason as to why."

There was a silence and Haeun noticed some other members watching the scene from different parts of the hall.

"You're weak." Taeyong spat out through gritted teeth and Haeun felt the young boy beside her tense as he stared down at his shoes.

Getting annoyed, she turned towards her brother. "That's enough, Taeyong."

"He did not do his job." 

"It's okay, we'll have many chances-"

"No, it's not okay Haeun." Taeyong snapped. "This shows that he isn't compatible to stay in the gang."

Jisung clenched his fists.

"Taeyong, assasinating people isn't that easy. Do you remember the first time you killed someone?" Haeun said getting impatient. Her brother was slightly taken aback, the memories flooding his head. The more experienced members of the gang also looked away with guilt in their eyes. "Chenle."

"Yes?" The young boy pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on.

"Get Jisung to his room. Taeyong, Mark, Johnny and Hendery are coming with me to discuss a new plan. Everyone else is dismissed." The girl's authorative voice set everyone into action, not a single question was asked.

I honestly don't think that many mafia books display the true extend of someone's first kill

I honestly don't think that many mafia books display the true extend of someone's first kill. It must be something terrifying, even if you're murdering someone bad. This doesn't mean Jisung is weak, it's just that he ain't ready yet.