Part 39

While the men were distracted by the explosion, Ryuwon took the chance and she lunged towards the nearest one

While the men were distracted by the explosion, Ryuwon took the chance and she lunged towards the nearest one. She grabbed the gun out of his grasp, quickly placed it against his thight and then pulled the trigger. The man cried out as he fell backwards onto the ground with a loud thud and Ryuwon looked down at her hand. It was splattered in his blood and she cringed.

More gunshots were heard and Donghyuck grabbed the girl's wrist and dragged her behind a stack of boxes for shelter. Ryuwon was reluctant and wanted to go out, but he held onto her tighter.

"What's with you? Do you want to die?" He hissed out. The girl's nails dug into her palm as the comment made her fume inside.

"I'm already dead so I don't care." She growled out, taking Donghyuck slightly by surprise and she leaned out from behind the stack and shot someone who was running in their direction. "Grab a weapon or something." 

The boy listened and grabbed a piece of metal from the ground and smacked a guy on the head. At that moment the gunfire got closer until someone kicked open another door and Ryuwon watched Taeyong shoot some guy with a long pistol.

"Haeun?!" He called out, covered by Yuta and Doyoung who shot anybody in their way. The girl walked out but was stopped as she heard a grunt behind her. She turned around and witnessed as a man was about to bring down a bat right onto Donghyuck's head. Yelling out in anger, Ryuwon easily aimed her gun and shot, getting the man right in the chest. The boy watched shocked as the man clutched his chest, beginning to choke on his own blood and he fell backwards and landed hard against the concrete floor. Yet she watched emotionless before grabbing Donghyuck by the arm and getting him up. She threw his arm over her shoulder to help him walk.

"Come on, let's go." She said quietly beginning to walk hurriedly. The boy was trying to keep up but kept wincing as he had stepped wrong, causing his ankle to hurt a lot. The 2 were easily noticed by the gang that just invaded.

"Donghyuck! What happened?!" Jaehyun ran over since he was the nearest. He helped Ryuwon by taking the younger boy into his own hands. The girl rolled her shoulders from the soreness.

"Haeun!"

She barely managed to turn around before a body hit into hers. The 2 almost went flying, but he wrapped his hands around her back engulfind her in a tight hug. Ryuwon was about to push him away, but she was suddenly replaced through a positive switch. Haeun who had been quiet gasped as she felt herself again, now in Jisung's embrace. The true extend of her fatigue and tiredness hit her all at once and she gripped onto the boy's arms tightly as she felt her legs give out.

"Are you okay?" Jisung asked, getting panicked as he felt Haeun's head fall against his chest livelessly. He shook her slightly but no response and as he looked down he saw that he was her only support.

"Shit."

The girl mumbled in her sleep yet again, but didn't move or open her eyes. Jisung who sat by her bed watched her intently but wasn't surprised at the fact that she did not awake. She had been asleep for a good few hours now.

"Still not awake?" Chenle popped his head through the door, sighing upon seing Haeun's liveless body. Jisung shook his head.

"No, but she's fine. How's Donghyuck hyung?"

"He just woke up but he's more quiet than usual. Maybe he finally got a concussion." The elder joked, earning a small smile from the other boy. "But Taeyong is furious right now."

"That's to be expected." Jisung shrugged. "It won't take long for him to destroy the Slicers."

"Hopefully. I'm sick and tired of walking on eggshells in school." Chenle rolled his eyes. "Anyways, I'm gonna go. Yuta needs some help with the storage."

"See you." Jisung waved his friend off and the other walked out, closing the door behind him.

The younger boy sighed, being left with Haeun yet again. He scanned over her calm facial features, being reminded of the time that she was hospitalized because of him.

"How can you still be so peaceful after this?" Jisung whispered whilst shaking his head.

"Because I'm alive."

The sudden movement of her lips and her weak voice made the boy jump up in surprise and he watched as Haeun opened her eyes slowly. They soon made eye contact and she smiled weakly.

"Oh you woke up. Thought you died or something." Jisung rolled his eyes but chuckled. The girl also attempted to laugh but chocked and began coughing violently. Not knowing what to do, Jisung stood up.

"Do you need water? Oh my god, did you rip a lung? Oh my god, should I call Taeil or Kun?" He freaked out and turned around to run out the door, but Haeun grabbed his wrist, making him stop.

"No, I'm fine." The girl cleared her throat, still feeling the cough but she tried to stiffle it down. Jisung at down at the edge of the bed warily, worry on his face. "Stay here, I don't want to die from boredom." 

It didn't take long until the pair returned to their youthful spirits as Haeun ate and they played some board game they found in the drawer of the girl's bedside table. And like that, the 2 fell asleep.

I'M SO SORRY, I PUBLISHED THIS ON ACCIDENT AND REALIZED LIKE AN HOUR LATER, I HAVE SINNED

And sorry for the dry chapter, I had a huge block in this scene. And lately I do be hating everything I write doe