Forty-One.

Dave had been avoiding Zoe for the last couple of weeks. No, it wasn't that he or she had done anything, but he just didn't feel like being around her at the moment. He for one felt guilty for how it looked to Sema—with him having another woman at his place and all. He thought about going after her and telling her what was actually going on, but would she have even believed him? He even picked up his phone to call her once or twice. It was actually his pride that made the decision not to for him. Pride was definitely one hell of a thing.

As he stuck his key into the lock, the door to Zoe's apartment opened. Dave quickly tried to get his door open but failed. A tall, light skin, dude with tats stepped out with Zoe right behind him.

 A tall, light skin, dude with tats stepped out with Zoe right behind him

"Sup bruh," the dude greeted Dave. Dave just eyed him for a moment before giving a simple 'wassup' nod. It got awkwardly quiet and the dude turned back to Zoe.

"We'll iight ma. I'll see you Friday."

"Yeah," Zoe nodded, showcasing a smile. He smiled back at her before heading off down the hall. Dave just shook his head and headed inside. He was about to shut the door but Zoe's foot stopped it.

"Move ya damn foot, yo. I ain't got time for this shit today."

"Today and no other huh?" Zoe scoffed. "You been ignoring me for weeks now. Like, did I do something?"

"Na," he simply said, not even bothering to look at her.

"Well, you not even looking at me so what the fuck the Dave?"

"Look, ya nigga just left here. Go talk to him. Let him look at you."

"You too old to be sounding that damn immature, Dave. I'm tryna talk to you and you being an asshole."

"Go talk to that nigga, man," he retorted. "You been talking to him these last couple weeks probably so keep it up. Got a nigga all up in ya apartment and shit. 'Virgin' my fuckin' ass."

"Not that it's any of ya damn business, but that's my project partner. We were working on our project for a class. But I really don't have to explain shit to you! Who are you to check me about who is coming in and out of MY apartment? You not my brother, you not my daddy, you not my nigga, you not my ex nigga, none of that. Hell, at this point I don't even know whether to call you my friend cause you definitely not acting like one."

Dave shook his head and sighed.

"You right. I ain't been a friend to you," he agreed.

"Well I'm glad you know. And another thing—don't play me. I don't lie on my pussy. If I was fucking him or anybody else for that matter, I would say it. Cause I'm a grown ass woman and I don't have to lie. I can do what I want."