Thirty-Three.

Sema was so distracted from what happened with Byron that she couldn't even focus on her tasks at work

Sema was so distracted from what happened with Byron that she couldn't even focus on her tasks at work. She had been sat at the computer for about an hour, looking at the same diagnostic report.

"Sem, did you hear me?" Aja questioned, causing her to snap out of her thoughts.

"Huh?" Sema asked, confused.

"I said I'm outta here. Are you okay? You've been zoning out all night."

"Oh sorry. I was thinking about something." She just decided to exit out of the patient's chart because she knew she wasn't going to get anything else done.

"Okur! What's the occasion?" She asked as she spun around to see a dressed up Aja.

"Rich is taking me out tonight."

"Y'all are actually going on dates now? Not Aja Thinton. I'm shocked," Sema teased, causing Aja to roll her eyes.

"We've been dating for a couple weeks now, for your information. You would know that if you didn't take bout a month long vacation and leave me here with these heathens! I was about two seconds away from tearing Gwen a new asshole last week."

"What did Gwen do now?"

"Girl, that bitch is racist! She just walks up to the desk and literally tosses the charts. Then, all my black patients complain that she's rude to them. I've had about enough of this shit, Sem, but I know she's an administrator's daughter and I really don't wanna lose my job."

"I'm so glad I work night shifts and aint never had to deal with her. I would really say fuck this job and look for another because she wouldn't play in my face like that. Have you tried reporting her? Like maybe go to the CEO'S office, cause I know you cant go to administration."

"I guess I could try that. That way, if the admin retaliates my black ass can sue. You're a damn genius, Sem!"

"Well..you know," Sema said smiling and leaning back in the rolling chair. The chair almost tipped over backwards, causing Sema to grip the desk to keep from falling.