Twenty-Five.

Dave sat in the waiting room, reading random magazines and pamphlets as he waited for Sema to come out of her doctor's appointment.

"Bhad Bhabie...who the fuck is that?" Dave mumbled to himself as he came across a spread of her in one of the magazines. As he continued to read on, all he could do was shake his head.

"Wow..." he drug out. "Kids is wild these days."

He continued to flip through the magazine, until the door slowly swung open beside him. Out walked Sema, but she didn't even bother to stop, she just headed straight out the door. Dave scrunched his face, and quickly reorganized the magazines before heading out behind her.

When he reached the car, Sema was already in the passenger's seat, just blankly staring out the window.

"You good?" He questioned, making her scoff.

"You know, I'm actually really good. I need you take me by my mother's though."

Dave frowned but didn't refute her, and also didn't ask anymore questions.

The whole ride there, Sema did nothing but bounce her leg up and down and shake her head, while chuckling to herself. Dave wondered what the doctor told her that had her so upset.

Sema didn't even give him time to park properly before hopping out of the car. Dave quickly parked the car and followed behind her.

Sema banged her right fist against the heavy wooden door as she rested her left hand on her hip. After a minute or two, they both heard the locks on the door being fiddled with. The door swung open revealing Sema's mother, Lydia.

"Well, look who it is; Ms. "I won't be speaking to you." Are you here to apologize to Aeris and I?"

"Am I here to apologize to you two?" Sema asked with her eyebrow raised, following up with a bitter chuckle. "I'm here to collect, at least an apology from you and her."

"Apology for what, Sema? I don't have time for your theatrics."

"It's not fucking theatrics!" Sema snapped," causing her mother to jump. "Did you lie to me?"

"Oh, did I lie to you about what?"

"Bipolar II? What the fuck did you do? Pay off the doctor? I'm not bipolar!" Her mother's eyes went wide, as if she'd just seen a ghost. Dave's bottom jaw dropped to the ground as well.

"You are, and it's showing right now. Now, if you're not here to apologize to your sister and I, you can kindly get off my doorstep," her mother moved back and pushed the door close only for Sema to stiff arm it and push it back open with force, which caused her mother's balance to waver.

"You're not gonna close a door that I paid for in my fucking face! Now, what did you do?!"

Lydia retch her hand back to slap Sema but Sema caught it.

"You slap me again? I will not hesitate to hit you. I promise," Sema told her.

Lydia snatched her hand back from Sema's grip. "Listen you disrespectful little bitch! You don't come to my house, reprimanding me. What did I do? I got you help! Your crazy ass should be thankful."

"I didn't need help! I'm not fucking bipolar! You did something with that doctor, and made him diagnose and prescribe me medicine that I didn't even need to take! Who the fuck does that to their child?"

"Well, it's not my fault he misdiagnosed you," her mother shrugged. "It happens all the time. You should know, right, Dr. Cotton. How dumb do you sound? How do I pull the wool over a doctor's eyes?"

"Don't do that," Sema said through clenched teeth. "You had me brainwashed for years, thinking I  was bipolar, taking that fucking medicine. I never thought to question it."

"And why are you thinking to now? It hasn't stopped you from doing anything. You're still a doctor, have a nice house, and wonderful kids. You're doing way better than Aeris. You should happy! Whoopty-woo!"

"This is about Aeris?! Are you crazy or something? You would hurt your own daughter, just for another to get ahead? What the hell kind of a mother are you?"

"You fucked up things for me! I had something good with Aeris' dad, until he found out that I had an older daughter. He didn't want the responsibility of taking care of another man's child. He wouldn't come around, and he wouldn't give me money for myself or Aeris cause he figured I might use it on you as well. And your dad had passed, and I couldn't give you up because I needed the check. You were annoying as hell, and always upstaging Aeris, so yes, I needed Aeris to get ahead. But it didn't work did it? Nothing ever works out for me! You still got the job, you have the house, the car, the kids; the everything I want for Aeris. And you still have the nerve to be on my doorstep about some old bullshit."

Sema couldn't believe the words that were coming out of her mother's mouth. Her own mother had plotted against her to try to ruin her life, and it had her in awe.

"I've been missing tons of work because I couldn't get up to go. I suffered through so many miscarriages before having both of my children!"

"But you got them and you still have your job. Sema stop with the damn dramatics. I really don't have time today. Get off my doorstep." Lydia slammed the door close and locked it back, leaving Sema standing on the welcome mat with a heavy heart and tear-filled eyes. She slowly turned around and caught Dave's sympathetic gaze.  Her legs grew weak and he caught her just as she was about to fall. Her eyes began to pour as Dave held her up, which caused his eyes to sting as well.

Her mother never treated her decently, so maybe she was crazy; crazy for thinking that she ever had her mother's love.