Not So Ex Husband

Melanie's point of view:

We quietly got dressed, both us of still shaky from our intense orgasms. "Uh, you can wear something of mine of you want." I said when I noticed she was dressed in nothing but the swimsuit she was wearing the night we met.

"Don't you think that'd be a little suspicious?" She asked.

I suppose that's true. You go for a swim, don't come back until almost twenty four hours later, and you're wearing someone else's clothes.

"But wouldn't it also be suspicious to go back in nothing but a bathing suit?" I questioned. She nodded, pulling on the shirt she was wearing before and a pair of jeans.

"What're you gonna tell him anyway?" It was a legitimate question. I certainly wouldn't know what to do if I was in her situation.

"I don't know... Not the truth, of course. I'll figure something out." She answered. I brushed out my hair to make it look less like sex and handed her the hairbrush so she could do the same.

We walked out of the room, expecting my sister to be gone since she stopped knocking on the door. I was shocked to see that she was sitting on the floor against the wall, on her phone. She was probably trying to find something to distract her from the noise we were making. I blushed at the thought before pushing the idea out of my head and reaching my hand out to help her up.

Kara kissed my cheek before we went our separate ways. My sister looked at me with a look that said "She is way out of your league." I nudged her shoulder. She was right though. I would have never expected someone as wonderful as Kara to even glance my direction let alone sleep with me.

A content sigh left my lips as we walked through the hotel. My sister always insisted on going to the restaurants at hotels just for the experience even though it's way over priced. The place we ended up at was called Le Royale and it looked rather pricey. But it's Italian, I can't resist.

"So, Ani, tell me about this girl." Mel said with a smirk once we were sat down. I felt my face heat as I looked down at the menu. "Uh, she's- gosh, there's really no words. She's everything I've been looking for since 6th grade. She's amazing. In and out. Her personality could make Oprah look like a bad person. Her beauty puts supermodels to shame. And I'll spare you the details about how good she is in bed. She's just- she's wonderful." I ranted, clearly in a state of pure bliss.

Mel looked at me with wide eyes and a light smile on her face. "Ani, if I didn't know any better I'd say you were in love." She teased. I looked down at the table, smiling like an idiot.

I wasn't in love with her, that's ridiculous. It's a simple adoration. Would I like to have a relationship with her? Sure. But that's off the table. My beaming expression faltered as I thought about the true situation. She's married. And with a kid! I could be destroying lives here, separating families. All because of my selfishness.

We ate in a comfortable silence, the only sound being us chewing and the people around us conversating.

Kara's point of view:

"Where the hell have you been?" He asked once I was in the room. His eyes said 'I was worried' while his voice dripped with venom. "I- uh- I had something to do." I nervously replied. It was obvious I was guilty of something. "Oh, and this "something" you had to do wouldn't happen to be some guy, would it?" I scoffed.

"No, it wouldn't be. You always jump to conclusions." I folded my arms infront of me.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" His eyes were wide. Predatory, almost. His previous concern faded completely now.

"It means you don't trust me anymore."

He scoffed, walking towards me. I gulped when I felt his breath ghost over me. Something like a burning sensation spread through me. Not rage. But not fear either.

"How am I supposed to trust you when you go out in the middle of the night whorring yourself out to God knows who?" He whisper yelled near my ear. A whimper fell from my lips.

I gulped deeply, wishing I could swallow myself whole. "Huh?" He yelled, pushing me back. I hit the wall harshly. "You think you can just get away with this shit? You have a daughter. She deserves better than to have a mother like you. Slut." He spat.

Tears pricked my eyes. It was a mix of emotion. Anger. Desperation. Sadness. Pure mind numbing emotion that made me feel like my skin might split open and my soul would finally be free.

Stuff like that only happens in fantasies, though.

Water rolled down my cheeks as I looked into his eyes. This is not the man I fell in love with.

This is someone else. Someone who has been taken by jealous and fueled by anger. Someone who I wouldn't want near my child.

"Fuck you." I said. All the strength in my body bubbled up to the surface, channeling into pushing him off of me.

He stumbled for a moment before grabbing my hair and forcing me down to my knees.

I screamed, kicking his shin. His legs gave causing him to fall beside me, fingers still tugging on my hair. "Motherfucker!" He swore.

"Let go of me!" I shook my head. My hands came up in attempt to tear myself out of his grip but he wouldn't budge.

He lurched at me, making my back hit the floor as I was forced into a laying position. His legs rested on my hips and his hands held my arms above my head. "What the fuck?" I gasped, moving violently beneath his grip.

"Calm the fuck down." He said, only worrying me further.

I eventually stopped moving. My face was red and puffy from both crying and the lack of oxygen. He got off of me and extended his hand for me but I ignored it, getting up on my own.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too."

-

This one's a bit different, hope you like it :)

I promise, smut will be back in the next chapter.