43. Sweet Temptation🦋

Mom and dad joined the party a little after. Arthur didn't come with them. He wisely decided to hang out with his friends rather than joining that boring rich people's party.

Well, He was kind of true.

That party also seemed a little boring to me.

Ron took me to the floor for a dance. I tried to be extremely careful with my steps. It wasn't hard, but I didn't take any chances. Allan came between our dances and asked me for a dance. Ron left the floor after I had taken Allan's hand.

"You know Liza," Allan started to talk, "Ron was always obedient. He never asked for anything. I am not saying this because I am proud of my son. I mean I AM proud of him. It's just I wish I could scold him sometimes for demanding something odd. But he never gave me any chance." Allan smiled at me dearly. "So, when he said he wanted to marry you, I immediately understood how important you were to him." I blinked at him. "I am saying all these things because I actually want to thank you. That was the first time my son asked something from me."

"But I didn't do anything to deserve your thanks." I averted his kind eyes awkwardly.

"But, You are the reason." I looked quickly at Allan. Allan smiled at me indulgently.

"God bless you." Allan kissed on my head fervently.

**********

Ring...Ring...Ring...

I was lying on my stomach drowsily. I was too tired after that party. My head was thumping because of the alcohol. My feet were throbbing because of those high heels. I propped my head up and fumbled carelessly at the bedside table to

find my phone. I knocked a few things before I could grab my phone.

"Hello," I answered groggily without looking at the name on the screen.

"Lizaaaaaa." I quickly moved my hand from my ear to save it from that high-pitch volume. It was Eva. "I GOT IN! I GOT IN!"

"Yuu gawt whre?" I asked her lazily in between my yawns.

"London University!" She screamed shrilly.

"WHAT!?" I sat up quickly as my sleepiness vanished just like that. "Really!?"

"YES, YES AND YES!" She was screaming hysterically like a mad person.

"Ahhhhhh....."

"Oh my god! I am so happy for you!" I couldn't contain my profound excitement.

"I will start attending college from next week," she said with a cheery tone.

"Wow, that's so cool." Suddenly I realised something. "Wait! Where are you going to stay?"

"I applied for the dormitory," Ani informed me. "But I have to wait for almost one month." She sighed defeated. "So, I looked for a lodge. Everything is so expensive in London."

"So, basically, you don't have any place to live!?" I asked her in disbelief.

"Don't worry," She said casually. "I am sure I will find something."

"No, You won't," I told her firmly. "For the time being, you are going to live in my parent's house. They have extra room. I will talk to them."

Eva protested strongly. "What! No, You don't have to. I said I am...."

"Shut up!" I shushed her. "Nobody asked you."

"But..."

"ZZZ...."