39. Blue🦋

When we finally reached Heathrow, our car didn't go to the parking area but instead to a security gate. I never knew there was another way to enter the airport. After some security check, Ryder drove our car directly onto the tarmac.

What was going on?!

And then I saw a...jet. I instantly remembered I saw a private jet in some random movie. I assumed the one in front of me was also one of them. But why were we heading to it?

Ryder carefully halted the car at the foot of the steps leading up to the plane. Ryder and Ian both climbed out and right away started to scan the area cautiously, for our safety. Then I saw it. The bold letters on the jet, 'Ryan Cloud'. I took a few moments to properly digest the fact.

"This is your private jet!?" I whispered to Ron excitedly while still gawking at that beauty.

"No." I looked at Ron with a slight disappointment, which vanished by his following words. "This is our private jet."

A few minutes later when Ian and Ryder properly completed their security check, Ryder opened the door for Ron. Ron walked to my side with a few wide steps and opened the door for me. And without giving me any warning he climbed in and lifted me up. I yelped with his sudden action.

"What are you doing?" I squeaked as I snaked his firm neck with my arms out of fear.

"Fulfilling the wedding rituals," Ron smirked playfully.

Ron carried me effortlessly up the steps. Ian and Ryder silently followed us with our luggage. I didn't pack much, and neither did Ron. We only had two small trolleys of our own. Ian first entered the cabin and signalled us to enter. Ryder left those trolleys at the threshold of the plane and returned to the car. Inside the cabin, there were two pilots waiting for us with a very welcoming smile on their faces.

"Welcome abroad, Mr and Mrs Ryan." One of them smiled at us politely.

Ron put me down and shook the pilot's hand.

"Congratulations to you both," The other one smiled at us respectfully.

"Thank you, Andrew. Liza, he is Andrew, the first officer of this flight." I shook Andrew's hand. "And this is Tristian. He's our captain for today."

"Delighted to meet you." Tristian smiled politely at me.

"Are we ready to fly?" Ron started a talk with them as I looked around the cabin. It was gorgeous and luxurious. The interior was all white and cosy. All the seats were covered with pale cream leather. A good-looking woman in a light chocolate uniform stood at the other end of the cabin. I assumed she was the flight attendant.

"Excellent." I looked at Ron when he finished talking with those pilots. He looked at me gaily. "Let's take a seat." He led me to those super luxurious leather seats.

I carefully took my seat as Ron took off his tuxedo jacket and undid his fine black brocade vest. We sat comfortably in two single seats facing each other with a small, highly polished black table between us.

"Welcome abroad, sir, ma'am, and congratulations." That attractive attendant smiled at us, offering pink expensive champagne. I note her name on the name tag, Samantha.

"Thank you, Sam," Ron said, and she smiled politely at us.

Once Ryder came back finishing his work, he went to another common cabin with Ian. We settled down on our seats as the plane started to roll on the runway. Once we were airborne, Ron got up from his seat.

"Come." He offered me his hand delicately, and I took it. He led me to the back of the cabin, to a small door. Then he led me down a spacious corridor and through a door at the end. Ron opened the door for me.