♟Chapter 47♟

BELLA

BELLA

"Not this one. That one would be fine."

I was sitting inside Orchida's room and was choosing a dress for her. I learnt from her that Draco always expects the ruler's of the respective pack to be presentive enough to show that they are doing their jobs perfectly. So, now here we were, deciding which dress was good for that condition.

She had a long blue-dress with golden strings running around her waist. The mask was similar to the dress with a golden border around the eye and hide one-fourth of her face.

"This one would look good, Orchida." I pointed to the blue dress she was holding in her hands.

She stared at that and nodded her head. "Thank you so much, sweety! You have been a daughterly figure from the day we have met each other."

I smiled and said, "and you have been a motherly figure from the day we met each other."

Better than my mother. I added in my head.

She awed and pinched my cheeks. "Come on, let's see what fits you." She pulled me with my wrist.

After some time of exploiting her cardboard box that she had hidden it below the bed, I finally found a dress which fit my physique.

It was raven, full-length dress with silver edges at the ending of the gown which made it stand out even though the colour flow was the same from the neck till the end.

Orchida sighed and glimpsed at me. "I don't have a mask for any other dress except for the blue one. You see, dear, this pack isn't always called for any ball or festive conducted since we hold one of the lowest rankings amongst the wolves. The dress that you can notice in the box is very old. It has been passed to the successive generation of my blood to keep it memorably. I don't know to whom I should pass this--I'm rambling. . .Oof, me."

I remember her telling that she had a daughter.

"Your daughter. . .?"

She looked away and fiddled with her fingers.

"She was taken away from me when my mate and the half of the pack was separated from this place. She was fifteen when I last saw her but I don't think she would be alive as she was taken by the Beta's of all Beta."

Her fingers trembled and her eyes watered but she blinked them back away.

I smiled. "Everything happens for a reason." That was the thing I could muster myself up to tell. I really didn't want to upset her so, I tried changing the topic. "So, how would I get a mask to hide my face?"

She tried smiling but instead, a frown sat on her face. "I shall. . .maybe make it by myself and give it to you?"

I shook my head. "That wouldn't be possible."