♟Chapter 44♟

BELLA

BELLA

"Bella." A soft whisper called my name.

I turned my head to see who it was only to find the woman who pretended to be dead for so many years walking beside me. I glimpsed to my left, expecting Xanthos to be at my side. However, he wasn't there.

I halted walking and glanced around me; searching for him. But all I could see was the clan that Xanthos' saved walking and talking with each other wither with happy smiles or with a determined look.

"Bella, please don't ignore me."

I began stepping forward and searched for my dumb of a mate who left me when he was needed the most for me. I continued ignoring her as I didn't have the courage to know why she left me alone with those monsters.

I did remember mouthing to her that she needed to explain me but now I felt questioning myself if I would be able to sustain the reason she would throw on me.

'Xanthos? Where are you?' I tried connecting to him through my mind.

I instantly got his reply in my head. 'With Alpha Loisel. Do you want your hot mate for something?'

I rolled my eyes but I knew what he asked was what I wanted right now.

'My mom--'

'And here I thought you wanted me there to make love. I know you want me there because of your mom. You both need to talk alone, You don't want to make me a third wheeler now, right sweet cake?'

I sighed and ignored his first sentence about making love. 'Ok, Xan. I would try talking to her by myself.'

'Good, mate.'

The forest was less dense causing beams of sunlight to fall on the path we were walking. Light waft of wind blew causing my hair to ruffle along with it.

I turned my head to the right to stare at my mom who was staring at me with sadness.

"I'm not ignoring you! I'm just trying to adjust myself in this situation which I'm sure you were aware of." I realized that I sounded rude. So, I cleared my throat and muttered, "sorry for sounding rude. I didn't mean too."

She slightly smiled and shook her head. "Still the same as you were small." She continued, "Bella, I know I should have been there with you and shouldn't have pretended as though I was dying. But-But the way Nathan treated me that time made me feel selfish to escape away from his clutches."