♟Chapter 39♟

BELLA

BELLA

I watched as my mate flew with his wings wide open. They were raven in colour and looked beautiful under the moonlight and stars.

I tried to gaze down and noticed there were only trees covering the ground.

Inferis was like an ancient Earth. With less number of two-legged creatures and more of animals and plants.

I felt complete, I felt satisfied after confessing everything from my heart.

The look on Xanthos faces when I admitted my feelings was something I would always want to see. I just hope all the chaos in our life would soon end.

"Bella?" Xanthos whispered.

I snuggled closer to him and hummed, "hmm?"

"Did you really mean what you said? I still can't believe it."

I smiled lightly and thought of playing with him but that would only lead in his emotions getting damaged which I didn't want to happen.

"I have said many things. Which one are you asking me?" Though I knew what he was asking, I feigned confusion.

"That you love me?"

I giggled at how cutely he asked me.

"I meant every single word, Leo. Your three souls are something that I would live with forever. You're pure and perfect with your own flaws." I traced his jaw with the hand which was free while the other hand was clutching his shoulder firmly.

There was a moment of silence between us. The wind stroked me lightly in the opposite direction. My ears felt as if someone was placing earplugs or cotton as the wind entered my ears.

I looked up at Xanthos and noticed his eyes were blue in colour.

I remembered the day we first kissed in this present life and noticed his eyes turning a different shade of blue. I didn't know what was the cause behind it but today, I did know why it was.

His eyes turned blue when all of his three souls merge together when he feels extreme emotions.

"We love you so much, mate."

I laughed. "I love you all more."

"We love you more."

"Both of us love each other--Ahhh!" I screamed when he drifted downwards.

I buried my face at the crook of his head. I felt his body shake lightly due to laughter.

I huffed and slowly looked down to only notice that we were safely on the ground.

"Your land was very bad," I muttered and shivered. He just shook his head and held me tightly to him. "Could you put me down? I can walk by myself."