Chapter 4

Josh was looking at the young woman who was coming his way. She was busy searching through her handbag for what he presumed to be her keys. She had yet to see him. He took the time to study her figure. She was about 5 ft. 5, dark skin, and short hair cut in a bob. She was wearing a black shirt, beige dress pants and flats. The pants were tight fitting while the top was a little loose. She was on the curvy side, but he didn't mind at all. She was beautiful. From where he stood, he could see her luscious lips covered in red lipsticks in a pout.

She looked up and he could see the moment she saw him. For a second she stopped on her track. Surprise was the first emotion he could see, then she looked annoyed to finally let a stoic expression on her face. She resumed her walk to stop at her door, facing him.

"Hey wifey" he said all smiling, making the annoyed face come back.

Clytia was looking for her keys in her bag. Finally she thought when she grabbed them. She raised her head, only to see a man standing in front of her door, his hands in his pocket and slightly leaned against the wall. Intrigued! That was how she felt. He was checking her out from head to toes, her every moves. She couldn't see his face due to the cap on his face. But one thing was sure, he was tall. Probably over 6ft. Who was he? Did she need to grab her pepper bomb in her bag?

Then, she recognized him, making her stop for a couple of seconds. What was he doing there? What did he want from her? She talked to his PR just earlier in the day. Those celebrities! Thinking they can barged into her life like she owed them something! He better be there with the cancelation papers. She thought.

"Hey wifey" he said with a cocky smile while getting off the wall.

Ugh! She hated him already. The bastard. Be nice, you have to be cordial, she thought.

"Hi Sir." She answered more politely than she felt like being.

"Sir? Ouch that hurts" he said bringing his hand to his heart faking being hurt. "Call me Nolam."

"Nolam, I thought your name was Josh."

"Actually, Josh is my middle name and my stage name. My first name is Nolam. Since we're kind of close now, you can call me Nolam."

"Fine."

"Sorry for coming unannounced, but I'd like to talk to you if you don't mind of course."

"Of course" she replied opening the door, less than happy with it.

Josh took some time to take in his environment. The apartment was in white and grey tones. It looked impersonal. There was no color, no pictures, nothing personal. It was beautiful, but cold. He hoped it didn't reflect her personality.

"Can I get you something to drink?" she asked going to the kitchen. "I have water, orange juice and wine."

"Water is fine. Thanks."

"There you go." She said handing him a water bottle. "I guess you came here to talk about that marriage thing."

"Right. Straight to the point. I like it." He said sitting on her couch while she sat on the armchair across him. "Okay. Daisy told me you wanted to get a cancelation as soon as possible."

"Yes. Let's not drag this more than necessary. The sooner the better."

He was impressed. She knew who he was. He had thought she would be awe struck. But there she was, not the slightness intimidated or overawed. "About that! Why are you in such a hurry to have it canceled? Are you in a relationship? Engaged?"

"No, I'm single. Are you not in a hurry to be able to go back to your life without having to worry about it going to the press?"

"You don't know!" he realized suddenly.

"Don't know what?"

"It's already out. Someone sold the picture to the press. It is now common knowledge that I am a married man. What they have yet to find out is who the lucky girl is."

"Let's make sure they don't find out then."

He looked carefully at her one more time. He wasn't fond of that idea, but seeing her now made him change his mind. She would be a delicious defy. She was all composed and calmed, keeping a neutral expression. However, from the fragments he could remember from their night together, she could be fire when she wanted. He smiled which seemed to annoy her.

She is so cute. Does she know that she slightly pinches the corner of her mouth, making her pout a little when she is annoyed? He thought.

"I won't sign a cancelation." He let her know. "Actually, I want to pursue the marriage and make it work."

"I'll get a divorce then. Why would you want to stay married to a girl you know nothing about?"

"Love at first sight?" he answered all smiling.

"Bullshit! I'll asked again, why do you want this marriage? It doesn't make any sense to me."

"Truth! This is my team idea. They don't want me to be on the list of the shortest weddings in Hollywood. So they think why not work on it and see if we can figure it out."

"It's just to protect your image then!"

"Yeah. I know it is lame but we're already married. Why not enjoy the married life and try to make it work? You said you're single, so am I. Apparently, we can have a lot of fun together. And seeing you today makes me want to see where it goes. We have nothing to lose."

"Really?! This is insane. I won't sacrificed my life just to protect some celebrity perfect image."

"I'm not asking you to sacrifice anything. We're already married. Plus you get a hot man just for yourself."

"I bet he thinks he's funny" she murmured just for herself under her breath. "Look, I've had a long day. Let's cut the crap. I will not remain married to you. I will get that cancelation with or without your support. I am in no rush to be tied in a marriage."

"Come on!"

"No, I'm sorry. Now, you may want us to make a united front and go through the process together. If not, I can find a lawyer who will take care of it. The choice is yours. If I haven't been contacted by your lawyer by the end of tomorrow, I'll go find my own. Now, if you would be kind enough to leave me alone, I'd have some rest." She said all serious, getting to the door.

"You're throwing me out?" he asked surprised and a little shocked.

"No! Just asking you nicely to let me have some rest. I'm sure you can understand that everybody needs their beauty sleep" she answered with a fake smile.