confrontation | 13

after that night, things more or less went back to normal.

except the fact that Iris would lay in bed at night and think about the stupid black book.
she couldn't ignore what she saw,
even though she tried to ignore what it could possibly mean.

she turned in her bed and let out a huge sigh, before flipping over to the next side and fluffing her pillow.
seconds after she rolled into her back,
and with a huge huff she balled her hands into a fist and punched the comforter.

'that's it! I'm confronting him about it tomorrow.'
she decide before she closed her eyes and tried to get some sleep.

_____

things were easier said than done,
she had gone through all seven hours of school and she had not mustered up enough courage to talk to him about it.

she was so nervous that she lied and said she would be busy when all the guys wanted to go to the pizza place.

now,
pacing inside her apartment... she realized she was being chicken.

grabbing her phone and cash for a taxi, she opened her door and made her way to the elevator,
determination glinting in her eyes.

she needed to do this today.

_____

Dylan saw her before anyone else did and she could see the stupid grin on his face as he mumbled an
'uh oh'
everyone else caught on sooner or later and then every eyes were trained on her as she stormed towards their table.

when she slid into the table beside Julian he turned to her with a confused look on his face that turned quickly to one of surprise, he opened his mouth to say something but she held her finger up to stop him.

she sucked in a deep breath

'I saw your black book,
I didn't mean to snoop but it was there and I was waiting for you and I just wanted something to do,
and that's when I saw it.
and
I need you to explain what exactly is going on because I'm tired of losing sleep over it
and
I just need to make sure that I'm not overthinking because I hate that,
and I hate not knowing where I stand'

Julian stuttered,
his eyes wide as his mouth flopped open and closed.

'what about Christian?'
he finally choked out.

she rolled her eyes,
'Christian is taken and gay.'

His mouth moved again but no words came out,
he kind of looked like a fish out of water,
and if she wasn't trying to have a serious conversation she'd probably laugh at his look.

'but...'

Dylan cut him off

'Just shut up and kiss her for Christ's sake!'
he groaned.

Iris's eyes widened when she heard this, and she glanced at Dylan briefly before turning back to the boy before her.

he looked calmer now, and as he cupped her face with his large hands his eyes seemed to ask her a question.

'may i ?'

she nodded yes,

and he crashed his lips onto hers with a sigh,

whoops erupted from the table from the other guys and Arjun could be heard whispering 'ew' over and over again.

the kiss was broken by her wide grin and she pulled away with a laugh.

'finally!'
Wen said causing the couple to look at each other shly, twin grins on their faces as ju got claps on the back from the boys.

it was a long time coming.