rough week | 2

to her weeks didn't get shittier than the one that was currently coming to an end.

as she pulled back her curly hair into a low bun, and tugged on the striped crop top she was already regretting having put on...her hand shook with anxiety.

she had endure two long and crazy weeks and this was her me time.

and she knew exactly where she would spend it.

she checked her phone again before brushing the stray curls from her bangs out of her eyes.

she looked a little tired, but she would rest after.

in the taxi she laid her head against the window, absentmindedly thinking about all the germs that was probably on it.. and was getting into her hair.

before eventually her mind strayed to him like it always did when she was alone.

which is crazy because she didn't know anything much about except that he sings beautifully and his name was Christian.

but that didn't stop her from creating scenarios of what his life was like.

she slipped into the door, the neon sign sporting an Indigo Elephant blinking overhead.

the place was already a buzz, she got herself a drink and slid into a seat.
she wasn't early, someone else was already performing.

he always closed the show.

when it was his turn, whoops of appreciation from the women who were probably here for the same reason she was..

to see him

filled the cozy bar space.
she could feel the familiar anticipation building, and she welcomed it.

she deserved it after the week she had.

while her eyes were trained on his movements it occurred to her that she was acting like an addict,

if she bothered to look it up, her symptoms were probably close to those addicted to drugs.

he opened his lips and all the tension in her body seemed to melt away.

Yes, she was addicted to this feeling,

it kind of scared her.