░ Chapter Seven

Jimin and Taehyung clapped when they saw Hoseok come out with a grand entrance in one of the trash chutes, doing an extravagant pose as he held the  Beauté Rose up high. While approaching the two, he shook his ass and did some weirdass dance that oddly still looked good, especially that the man was an actual dancer.

Jimin laughed along with Taehyung. He tried focusing his mind on the happy moment in front of him but the image of the handsome stranger named Yoongi kept on appearing. He wondered what the man was thinking right now.

He had recognized their group, so he must be affiliated with someone from the police department or...affliated with one of their victims. Oops. Jimin hoped it was not the latter. 

"Good job, team. Now proceed to Phase 9," Namjoon said. "You need to get out of there as fast as you can. Mochi, we have to talk after this."

Jimin winced at the last part. The three of them walked out where they came in earlier. The guard who was reading a newspaper nodded at them.

"What's down there?"

"Some dead animal, turns out. We already took care of it," Hoseok was the one who answered.

"Ah, that's nasty. Let me know if you need anything, boys."

"Thank you!" Taehyung shouted cheerfully as they passed the gate. They were lucky the guard in that post was friendly and not dubious of them.

Jimin's mind was still filled with the thoughts of Min Yoongi when they reached the car and drove back to their place.

•YG• »» ♥ «« •JM•

"I'll display this in our room," Taehyung said as he and Jimin gathered around the pink artifact. 

Jimin nodded excitedly and reached out to touch the pink diamond with his index finger. It was so beautiful. The diamond was embedded in a flat, oblong rock. Jimin touched the rock surrounding it and it also felt smooth. The person who designed this must have been so keen on the details.

"Look at the sides of that thing," came Hoseok's voice as he approached them. He joined them and sat on one of the stools by the table. "There's some weird engraving shit at the side. You won't notice it at first, but when you take a look at it closely, you'll see it."

Jimin and Taehyung's head moved closer, resulting to them bumping each other's forehead. They giggled and rubbed the sore part of their heads. 

"I wonder what these marks mean?" Jimin whispered as he observed the object closely.

"Maybe a secret message from aliens?" Taehyung suggested.

Jimin nodded in agreement. That could be a possibility. "How can we decipher this? Do you think we should hire some kind of alien expert?" 

Taehyung opened his mouth, brow furrowed in seriousness and seeming to suggest something in response to Jimin's question, but Hoseok beat him to it. The older man laughed so loud, making Jimin and Taehyung turn to him with frowns on their faces. 

"You two are so cute," Hoseok said in between laughter. 

Taehyung narrowed his eyes. "Why do I feel like that wasn't a compliment? Aliens are real and it's a fact!"

"It's not, dumbass hamster," Jungkook inserted as he passed by. He sneered at the frowning Taehyung and rolled his eyes. "I wonder why your brain only works during our heists. Does it have an automatic on and off switch?"