Chapter 26

Everything was black and the pain hurt even more. Was it Joey?. Maybe it's just a coincidence. Or maybe it's just a lie.

"DIME!, DIME, DIME!", I opened my eyes quickly to find Beth crying in my arms.

" Oh I'm so glad you're ok, you passed out," she said hugging me tightly.

I smiled and gave her a reassuring look then behind her I saw Joey. I was speechless I found it so strange that he did come to talk to me.

My father could see the tension then calmly said:

"We... Let's all go outside and give Dime some room". They left and Joey walked towards me then grabbed me into a right embrace.

" Joey... Tell me who are you?" I said clenching onto his shirt. He slowly pulled out of the embrace but still kept his hands on me.

"Would you believe me if I said I was Star?" He said cupping my face with his palms.

"I-if you are then I just want to know why the boy I thought I could tell everything to suddenly left me alone?." I said hugging him and crying in his arms.

I could feel that it was him no matter what he said or anybody else says I know it's him because of this touch. It's so familiar and warm.

"Well, why don't I show you who I am instead". He took something out of his pocket then placed it in front of me.

It was half a star.

It read " We, again, you're, special, also, forget me." Then it clicked I took out my necklace and joined the two stars together. My hands trembled as I read what the engraved message was on the star.

"I hope we meet again because you're special to me also don't forget me" I read out with years dripping down my face.

Joey wrapped his arms around me and we both lay on the bed hugging each other.

"Joey?" I asked

"Hmmm?" He said moving pieces of hair from my face

"Why did you disappear?" I said placing my hands around his neck

"Well, I left because I was supposed to find a wife at a young age because my aunt and uncle were looking after me at that time and well tried to ruin the family but after everyone in the Houston family heard about this they were angry. We are mutual with them now. I would have chosen you but that wasn't how it was going to work."

After hearing his side I felt so bad because whilst I thought 'Star' had left because he was like everyone else but it was nothing like that.