Chapter 10

I felt so stupid, I was just standing there in Joey's arms. I couldn't help but let a tear slide, Joey saw this and immediately wiped it away.

He wrapped his left arm around my shoulders and stared directly at my stepmother. I could see the anger that was built up inside her, Joey shrugged her arm off him and smirked.

"Excuse me Mr and Mrs Pike I will not accept you laying a single finger on my fiancé. However, may I ask why you were going to hit her and what the problem is?"

He said it so politely while staring into both my parent's eyes. My father mostly looked scared and pulled my stepmother behind him then wiped the sweat from his face and taking a deep breath he spoke.

"Mr Houston I'm extremely sorry I didn't know that you were my daughter fiance. You are an extremely important man and I respect you so please forgive my wife. She loves her daughter and it's an honour to have a well-known man at my beautiful Beth's engagement party. I would be delighted if you could attend the wedding!" My father's words trembled as he spoke but they also sounded like he was pleading.

For some reason, I could understand why he treated me so badly ever since my mother died. I looked so much like the woman he loved and married then she died and he was left with a child. However, I hate my father for the fact he had cheated on my mother.

Joey turned to me and cupped my cheek with his hands and gently looked into my eyes and said:

"Think I should let them go?". I was stunned, it was my decision well I hated them from the bottom of my heart however my mother always told me to love everyone.

"Joey I-I want to leave, can we go home?" I looked into his eyes pleadingly then looked at the floor. He grabbed my hand and stared at my parents then escorted me out of the room.

As I left I could hear everyone whispering and quietly murmur to each other and I came here to not attract attention!

Joey had a limo outside ready so we couldn't really talk about what had just happened. The ride home was so quiet not a single sound came out from either of us.

This gave me time, however, to think about what he said my head repeated the words over and over again, 'my fiance'  I don't know if he was just protecting me but if this gets out he will be in trouble also my father said he was someone important.

I knew it deep down that he was important!

He has a mansion and nice clothes also his mother dressed up so nicely and....and there were so many hints, how could I have been so blind?