Chapter 9

My stepmother pushed her way towards me with my father following after her.

"Diamond, you leave then you dare to show yourself at your sister's wedding!?".

I was so scared my body froze and I couldn't move all my energy and enthusiasm had gone. I wanted to leave as soon a possible.

"Hey, slut my mother is talking to you. Are you going to answer or stare off into space?".

My father then stopped Beth from speaking and walked towards me. My father never liked me it was because I looked a lot like my mother and he hated me for that.

My childhood wasn't the best, I wasn't loved after my mother died and my father acted like he didn't know me.

I ran away a few months ago and I haven't seen my parents since that day.

I thought I could start a happy life with Nick but we all know how that dream ended up.

"Diamond where have you been. Do you understand that your rebellious side can leave a mark on our name? This is the exact reason your sister is taking the company instead of you. "

I stood trembling I was scared I was so scared of them after how they would treat me like I was invisible and they would torture and punish me for the slightest mistake.

It still left a lot of scars not physically but mentally.

I opened my mouth deciding on my words and on what I should say or whether to say it or not. I looked around and thankfully there wasn't a crowd anymore.

I took a deep breath but my words were once again silenced by my stepmother.

"Dimond, are you going to just stand there or tell us where you've been?. Or have you done something so hideous that you can't tell us? Hmmm?".

She smiled, I hated that smile it was a smile to show she had won this argument, however, I'm not going to be pushed around anymore!

"Well guess what your perfect daughter here stole my fiance and slept with him she also drugged me and left me to sleep with some random man, Hows your perfect daughter now?. She's a slut and a whore-"

I was cut off before I could say anything else by a massive shadow that hovered above me it was my stepmother's hand.

I closed my eyes and covered my face. I knew I never should have spoken out because who would believe me. It was over why bother fighting anymore I was going to get hit and it was going to hurt.

I heard a thump but no I felt no pain. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at my father, his eyes widened and sweat dripped down his face he looked so scared. I'd never seen my father make an expression like this before when he hit me I would have the expression be had.

I was so confused then I felt a familiar touch on my head it was a soft touch a touch that would never hurt me. I immediately turned around and water filled my eyes.

"Hey my silly girl, why didn't you tell me that there was a gathering and that you were being bullied?" He said it so calmly. I couldn't hold back my pain anymore. I grabbed Joey into an embrace and didn't let go.