18

Hitting the water hurt, but I couldn't focus on that at the moment. The rest of the house was falling right after me.

I doggie-paddled as fast as my legs would go, which wasn't very fast against the ocean water.

What did help me was the parts of the house that fell behind me, it pushed the water in the direction I wanted to go, but it also pushed me under the waves.

When a huge chunk of the house fell, the wave was huge. It threw me into the air with the force of it, I landed on my back in the water with another yelp.

That seemed to be the last of the chaos though, the helicopters flew off not long after.

Tony's suit flew out of the water as well... It didn't come back for me...
.
.
.
My legs ached they were so tired. Everything hurt.

The chaos had mostly stopped, but the water hadn't.

I'd turned around a bit ago, when it started to get dark, but the shore was just so far, why did it have to be so far?

I could hear another helicopter flying above, light occasionally drifted around the water from the helicopter.

The light eventually drifted over me, it stopped a bit in front of me before it shined on me again.

I gave a small whine as the helicopter flew closer to the water, I couldn't hear anything except for it and the crashing of water.

An end of a rope fell in front of me, a small glance told me it came from the helicopter.

That was just before another wave hit me and pushed me under the water. I popped back up a few moments later with a cough, which let more salty water down my throat.

There was someone sliding down the rope now, I managed to swim back to the rope and bit into it. I didn't want to go back under...

I didn't notice that a man had slid down the rope until I felt a hand grab my collar.