16

There was a brunette woman at the door, Tony called his suit halfway up the stairs, "Right there's fine," Tony told her with a finger pointed up.

"You're not the Mandarin, are you? Are you?" Tony asked with his faceplate lifted.

The woman grinned, "You don't remember. Why am I not surprised?" She said with a small scoff.

"Don't take it personally, I don't remember what I had for breakfast," Tony told her, unamused.

"Gluten-free waffles, sir," JARVIS answered.

Tony didn't look away from her, only muttering a, "That's right".

"Okay, look, I need to be alone with you. Someplace, not here, it's urgent," she told Tony, I stepped out from behind the wall to sit next to Tony.

"Normally, I'd go for that sort of thing, but now I'm in a committed relationship," Tony announced as he turned to walk in the living room, but two bags landed in front of him.

"It's...with her." Tony told her as he stepped out of the suit.

"Tony, is somebody there?" Pepper asked as she started down the stairs.

I hopped onto the couch and crossed my paws, "Yeah, it's Maya Hansen. Old botanist pal that I used to know, barely," the woman looked a little surprised at Tony as he walked back over.

"Please don't tell me that there is a twelve year-old kid waiting in the car that I've never met," Maya shook her head.

"He's thirteen. And no, I need your help," I couldn't tell if she was joking... Judging by the sound Tony made I don't think he knew either.

"What...what for? Why now?" Tony questioned.

"Because I read the papers, and, frankly, I don't think you'll last the week," Maya informed matter-of-factly.

"I'll be fine," Tony told her as I gave a small growl.

Pepper walked past and patted my head, "I'm sorry. With Happy in the hospital, I didn't know we were expecting guests," she told her with a small smile.

"We weren't," Tony turned to Pepper before back at Maya.

"No, I..." Maya started.

Pepper cut her off, "And old girlfriends!"

I covered my face with a paw.

"She's not really," Tony tried to defend.

"No, not really. It...it was just one night," Maya stammered a bit, not looking at Pepper.

Tony nodded his head, "Yep,".

Pepper sighed, "That's how you did it, isn't it? Yep,".

I had a feeling that Tony as going to be in the doghouse when this was all over. "It was a great night," Tony commented.

Yep, definitely the doghouse...

"Well, you know..." Pepper started.

Maya piped in a, "Yeah," before Pepper finished.

"You have saved yourself a world of pain."

Tony gave her an offended look.

"I'm sure," Maya agreed.

"What?" Tony asked, still staring at Pepper.

I slid off of the couch to slink into the kitchen and through the dog door. I sat outside and watched all of the helicopters fly around.

I tilted my head at something one of the helicopters dropped, I stared at it for a moment before I realized it was heading straight for me.

I made it inside just as everything blew up.