14

I wasn't sure how long I laid there, mostly because I fell asleep at one point, but I was waken up to the scent of anger.

I lifted my head and looked up at Tony, who was staring at the TV with hatred.

I sat up and put my head on his knee and looked up at him with puppy eyes.

"They look Chinese, they sound Chinese, but they're actually an American invention. Which is why they're hollow, full of lies, and leave a bad taste in the mouth. My disciples just destroyed another cheap American knock-off, The Chinese Theater. Mr. President, I know this must be getting frustrating, but this season of terror is drawing to a close. And don't worry, the big one is coming; your graduation," I listened to the TV say.

Tony didn't acknowledge me.

I gave a pitiful whine and licked his hand, he didn't look at me until the voice on the TV had stopped. "Hi," Tony told me as he reached down to rub my ear.

"Oh," a voice said from the doorway, causing Tony to look up and me to turn my head.

It was a nurse, "Uh...mind leaving that on?" Tony requested, pointing at the TV.

"Sure," the nurse answered as Tony got up.

"Sunday night's PBS 'Downtown Abbey'. That's his show, he thinks it's elegant. One more thing...make sure everyone wears their badges. He's a stickler for that sort of thing, plus my guys won't let anyone in without them," Tony pat his leg once, I jumped up to follow him out the door.
.
.
.
When we got outside bright flashes met us, I wished we had stayed inside.

Tony just pushed his way through them and I growled at any who got too close, "Mr. Stark! Mr. Stark! Our sources are telling us that this is another Mandarin attack. Anything else you can tell us?" One asked.

Tony ignored him and continued to the car that JARVIS had pulled up by the hospital entrance.

"Hey, Mr. Stark! When is somebody gonna kill this guy? Just sayin'," another asked.

Tony turned on his heel to stare at him, "Is that what you want? Here's a little Holiday greeting I've been wanting to send to the Mandarin. I just didn't know how to phrase it until now. My name is Tony Stark and I'm not afraid of you. I know you're a coward, so I've decided that you just died, pal. I'm gonna come get the body. There's no politics here; it's just good old-fashioned revenge. There's no Pentagon; it's just you and me. And on the off-chance you're a man, here's my home address: 10880, Malibu Port, 90265. I'll leave the door unlocked," Tony said coldly before opening the car door and waving me in.

I jumped into the passenger seat as he got in and took off.

I stared at him as he pulled onto the road, "What?" He asked as he glanced at me.

I barked once, "Don't judge me, that's other Pepper's job."

Other Pepper had better do a damn good job at scolding you for what you just did.