2.Nose Bleeds & Asthma Attacks

"From the looks of it, we've got about a 20-mile hike." Atlas muttered, her features scrunched up as she watched Clarke circle and judge their location and distance of travel. 

It was a trick both of their father's had shared with them, to the worry and disdain of their respective mothers. After learning that the guy's name was Finn, they returned to the drop ship where Atlas spread the map out, letting Clarke take charge as she helped Nyah climb onto the platform before standing next to where she sat.

"Is that a bad thing?" Nyah inquired, her gaze remaining in awe as she watched Clarke draw lines.

"It's not a great thing." Clarke sighed before groaning as she was jabbed in the side by Atlas's elbow. "But we've got it covered. When we were kids, Atlas and I always figured things out."

'More like you figured them out and dragged me along.' Atlas thought, settling on offering a smile and nod of agreement.

 Atlas, while skilled in anything not to do with her family legacy, followed Clarke around as much as she could. Not only because the blonde was kind and as intelligent in the same field as Atlas, but because their fathers were like brothers and pushed for the girls to be close.

From beside Atlas appeared Wells Jaha, Chancellor Well's only son; though everyone on the Ark was only permitted one child. He was a good friend to Atlas, often sitting and reading with her while Clarke would draw. 

She was caught off guard at him being there, then again, Clarke never broke any rules and she was there. It was clear that as his dark gaze swept from Clarke to Atlas and filled with shock, he was surprised to see her as well. Granted, it shouldn't have been that big of a surprise. 

A bright smile graced his features as he quickly pulled her into an embrace, not giving her a chance to say anything. With a light laugh she hugged him back, thankful he didn't squeeze the life out of her like Clarke had previously done.

"I'm glad to see you, but why are you here?" Atlas was the first to pull back. When she felt a slight tug on her sleeve she quickly gestured to Nyah. "Nyah, this is an old friend of mine, Wells; Wells this is my little sister, Nyah."

Wells squinted at the dark skinned girl for a moment before letting out a hearty laugh. "Good to know being a criminal doesn't change you." He teased.

"Yeah, well, you know." Atlas didn't have much of a response as she lifted her shoulder and waved her hand in the air.

"We can swap stories later," Clarke interrupted the old friends. "What do you need?" Her gaze swept over Wells, the tense atmosphere eliciting a confused look between Atlas and Nyah.

"We got problems. The communications system is dead." Wells sighed, hurt over Clarke's attitude toward him visible. "I went to the roof. A dozen of the panels are missing. Heat fried the wires."

"Well, all that matters right now is getting to Mount Weather." Clarke announced, pointing to the map and allowed Wells to peer over her and Atlas's shoulders. "This is where we need to get if we want to survive."

Atlas nodded in agreement as Nyah mimicked her. A smile blossomed on her face as she moved and picked Nyah up, allowing her to stand so she was nearly their height, with the help of the door of course. Not wanting Nyah to worry, Atlas patted her pockets, keeping the young girl's attention solely on her.

 After a moment, she pulled out a flower she had picked and knew to be perfectly harmless. Tucking the purple and blue orchid into the girl's hair, Atlas would have sworn she gave Nyah everything she ever wanted. A giggle erupted from her lips as Nyah launched herself into Atlas's arms.