( fifty )

There was no telling what Harley expected when marching to Mount Weather

There was no telling what Harley expected when marching to Mount Weather. She knew this was a rescue mission, and the only bloodshed would be for those who were guilty. But with the grounders abandoning them after Lexa's command, she knew it was up to Bellamy and Clarke to take the leadership position and come up with a new plan to get everyone out safe. Harley didn't want anyone else to die, which is something Maya agreed with, so she had left to find a guard that was on their side.

Harley managed to keep her panicking much quieter than Jasper, who was pacing back and forth with a gun's strap slung over his shoulder. He was troubled, looking over the corner of the halls as if Maya would appear in seconds. He finally sighed loudly, breaking the silent tension between the three. "This is taking too long," he said, irritated. "I mean, what if she got caught?"

"She didn't," Harley said calmly, doing her best to keep Jasper relaxed. "We'd have heard something if she did, right?" She pointed out.

Jasper paused his moving to shake his head dismissively. "Then what if she couldn't find Sergeant Lee or - I don't know - the protocol changed? What if he got caught?" He whispered loudly.

From where she was leaning against the wall, with her sword pointed down in front of her, Octavia cut in. "Jasper," she says, strangely relaxed and soothing. "A warrior doesn't worry about what they can't control."

The door in front of them suddenly swung open with a creak and Maya, with a tall man in a guard's uniform, poured in. "Oh, thank god," Jasper breathed out, lurching forward to pull her into a hug. "Did anyone see you?"

Before Maya could respond, the click of a gun stopped her. The guard, Sergeant Lee, had the barrel of his gun pointed at Octavia. "No-!" Harley exclaimed, snapping out of the heart warming daze.

"Lee, put down the gun," Maya demanded, grabbing his wrist and pulling it down to force him to lower it.

Octavia was already on guard, wielding her sword threateningly while Sergeant Lee and her shared a equally hostile stare. "You didn't say there was an outsider with you," he uttered.

"She's not an outsider," Jasper countered, holding his hand up cautiously.

"Yes, she is," Octavia corrected from behind them.

Knowing there wasn't much time, Maya put herself in between them. "She's with us," she explained shortly. The guard didn't like it, but he broke the stare down him and Octavia were holding. "Cage is in the dorms," Maya continued to the others. "They brought another group in from The Ark, more marrow. They're not even trying to fix the dam," she said worriedly.

Harley tensed, set on alarm at the thought of more of her people being brought in to be killed. They weren't going to fix the dam when thinking that they won't need this place soon. "How many soldiers are with Cage?" Jasper suddenly asked, low.

"Uh, six," Sergeant Lee answered hesitantly. "Why?"

"Just get me close," Jasper told him, pulling his gun strap off his shoulder and handing it to Maya. "They'll be happy you found another eight doses."